MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2019 BHA Rendezvous

Does anyone have any excess killer bear spots in 39 or relatively close to town that they don't need anymore?? :rolleyes: :hump:

Wildfires burned up a lot of that area some years back and ended most places my son and I enjoyed. Areas were closed for a few years and some have changed considerably. Also bunched up a lot of hunters in the easier access places. But, still a lot of bears in 39!

Checking it out for the first time. Wish they would move it around, didn't go last year because it was in Boise but I will make the trip this year.

Met Duck-Slayer and some guys from ND at bww for some wings and beers.

I've met very few guys in person from forums, but the few I have have all been great to talk hunting with.

BlakeA came out a couple days early and we did a quick car camping overnighter to glass for bears. No bears spotted, but lost count of all the elk and deer.
Even watched 2 full size mountain lions walk across a meadow on a far hillside in broad daylight. That was wild. We only did about a mile worth of hiking,
so didn't get down into the draws and the bottoms where the carcasses would be. But the critters spotted appeared to be in decent condition, despite
our brutal late winter. No skinny elk or deer. Hopefully all had fun at the rendezvous and good luck in the draws. Couple pictures from last week.

Back