PEAX Equipment

2015 Hunt Talker Bear Hunt

jryoung

A year ago today a bunch of strangers from the internet began descending on an undisclosed location in NW Montana.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=254753

Their intent was to meet some folks they have shared keystrokes with, sit around a campfire, BS and kill some bears. All of the above happened, and with the assistance of skilled locals the non-resident tag holders went 4/4 on bears. We arrived as real world strangers, left with great memories and new friendships.

With the anniversary upon us I figure it’s time to open a (pre) life hunt/shenanigans thread in preparation for us arriving in Montana next week. Same state, new location, stronger drive to kill bears. Hopefully we’ll have some reception where we will be so we can provide live updates.

I'm ready to shoot, I just need a bear in the crosshairs.

I've been lucky enough to scout in the area the last couple weekends. Hopefully we run into this guy again-
bear_zpshyxrphsf.jpg

Or whoever climbed out of this hole-
2015-05-02%2018.20.37_zps8qvasstt.jpg

A few of us are headed up this weekend to mark our territory and kill the easy bears, then the real fun kicks off next week. Can't wait!

Wish I could run out for the hunt.Dang work getting I the way.Next year I think I'll come oiut for some fun if your still doing it

Looking forward to getting in on the fun this year. Randy11 and I already let a little chocolate go last weekend, should be a good hunt.

Randy, whoever hunts up there will share the mountain with old long toes.

Let the Cushman-isms roll! :)

A co worker dropped a nice one - of course that got my peculator perking! Be up this weekend. Let the 11pm, 12am, 1am imaginations roll!

Looking forward to this even more so than last year. 6days, 23hrs I'll be getting on the plane to head out. Looking forward to the pre-season game updates this weekend from you guys that'll be up there, prime us up for epic adventures to come!

Heading west tomorrow..... It will be a long 1000+ miles as the anticipation is builds.....

As a guy who lives in an area infested with Black Bears, I have never had any desire to kill one with dogs or bait. But seeing the threads lately has me interested in coming along next year if you are going to have another hunt.

Fair chase bears, that interests me a lot. Good luck to everyone............

So, for you guys that do a lot of spring bear hunting, what do you guys do for precautions against ticks? I know a guy that went last spring and got lyme disease and was pretty messed up. He actually still isn't the same.

Best of luck to you guys. If you see a black Durango with Indiana plates and a couple out of shape Hoosiers, stop and say hi :)

So, for you guys that do a lot of spring bear hunting, what do you guys do for precautions against ticks? I know a guy that went last spring and got lyme disease and was pretty messed up. He actually still isn't the same.

Since this year Dustin's beard won't be joining us to attract all the ticks I've treated all my clothing with Sawyer permethrin insect repellent. Actually last year I treated all my gear as well & never found a tick on me, and we were in some serious tick breeding country. I also have treated my clothing this spring turkey hunting & mushroom hunting here in Ohio, not a one tick on me yet.

This group hunt seems like a good way of getting rid of a bunch of bears in a certain area lol. May help a bunch of fawns and calves to make it through the year with less predators. Goodluck this season guys.

Hopefully this bear hunt continues to be a yearly event, because one of these years, I' d really like to join the hunttalk crew.....that's if Michigan Yooper's are allowed in camp!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back