2015 Hunt Talker Bear Hunt

Yeah J.R., big thanks for those hats. I've been rocking mine since the hunt and am having to beat the women-folk off with a stick.

If you would have shot a bear you could have beaten them off with your baculum. Or if you had a dog....wait, nevermind.

Pointer - You made it to camp, that's all that matters. How'd you guys fare?

mtlion - Where are the paddles?

If you would have shot a bear you could have beaten them off with your baculum. Or if you had a dog....wait, nevermind.

Pointer - You made it to camp, that's all that matters. How'd you guys fare?

Good time but no bears were harmed. LCH and I each saw I first grizzly which was pretty cool. Though 20yds from a sow with cubs is a bit too close for comfort. ;)

Again, thanks for the hat!

No glory shots in the Bear hat but I caught a few spoonbills. No pic of my biggest as I had to hop on the neighbors boat to chase her down after she took most of my line. It was about 60 lbs, and my buddies wife caught one that was an honest 100 lbs, a real toad. Here are some pics of some of my other fish from the weekend.

Hey Ryan...where did you learn how to catch fish? :D

From a master baiter?

Well done on the paddlefish! I snagged them a few years back out of Glendive. 'Twas a good time. The quota was already met so I didn't get to keep one. Kinda like to see what they taste like some day. Here was my largest:

Nice fish 1 Pointer.

Catching spoonbills is a bit of an obsession with me.

Down on the Mo I'm known as Spoonbill Roy. No joke. :cool:

Hoping to get back at least one more time this season, it's a minimum of 14 hours round trip for me but If I latch into even one it makes the trip.

Interesting obsession, but definitely fun! I'd have to dig around, but I think I still have a hat from the Beer Jug in Glendive somewhere. Not too many sport a hat with a spoonbill on it.

Though no longer the record, at one time the Indiana state spoonbill record was kept in my parents freezer. I still remember seeing that thing in the bottom of the boat when my dad's buddy brought it over. Snagged it trolling a crankbait.

Back