PEAX Equipment

2015 Hunt Talker Bear Hunt

Sounds like there's way too many shenanigans in the hills for those guys to be worried about updating this thread.

Sytes spent two nights doing his best Bear Grylls impersonation and came back to base camp to find a grizzly wandering around. He told stories to said grizzly of Cushman and grizzly was last seen headed for Canadian border.

After negotiating with mtlion's agent this morning, I was able to obtain pictures of the firewood bear. Axe hidden to protect the innocent.

IMG_1220_zpswmx5924v.jpg

This annual bear hunt thread is one of my favorite threads of the year. Love watching guys have so much fun.

I got a text from Cushman this morning about 5am, he just wanted to say to me "while your at work doing grown up sh^t I'm on the road heading to Mt." Uurrrr! 20hrs and counting & I'm outta here!

We did put some prototype glass to work tonight though...

so what are your thoughts on the SIG scope? I've been waiting to see info on the release of their Kilo rangefinder, but aside from hearing that Scheels has them on order, haven't been able to find much yet...

Getting up early in the morning, throwing my gear in the truck, putting in a few hours work and then heading to bear camp.

Might as well throw it in if you've got room. We'll definitely be getting rained on.

so what are your thoughts on the SIG scope? I've been waiting to see info on the release of their Kilo rangefinder, but aside from hearing that Scheels has them on order, haven't been able to find much yet...

The Sig scope is working really well... great glass, great features, they will be competitively priced and will have one of the best warranties in the business. Still making a few tweaks on a couple of the models but you should start seeing some scopes hitting the shelves in July with most of the line available by the end of August.

The Kilo 1600 will be the best value in rangefinders this year for sure.... we have been getting better than 1600 yards out of them at a price that will beat up on some of the other 1000 and 1200 models that are out there. Hope to have those to market in July as well.

The Sig scope is working really well... great glass, great features, they will be competitively priced and will have one of the best warranties in the business. Still making a few tweaks on a couple of the models but you should start seeing some scopes hitting the shelves in July with most of the line available by the end of August.

The Kilo 1600 will be the best value in rangefinders this year for sure.... we have been getting better than 1600 yards out of them at a price that will beat up on some of the other 1000 and 1200 models that are out there. Hope to have those to market in July as well.

Thanks! I've already got my name on the list at Scheels...they're supposed to call whenever they get that first shipment.

Just left the office heading for the airport! It's here and it's on! See everyone in camp!

Just finished putting together a little video/pic DVD from last years get together. Once I get a few copies pumped out, its on to Missoula to pickup supplies and take care of a long list of errands, then I'm on my way to camp either tonight or tomorrow morning. Make sure to save a few for us late comers!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back