2014 Deer/Elk season

Outdooraddict

2014 was not the season I was hoping for, but great at the same time. Seemed like there was always something going on: kids activities, work, family gatherings, etc... I did not have the time I had hoped for in the woods but had excellent opportunities to to fill the freezer and share memories with some important hunters.

I started the season bowhunting elk with my father- while there were many elk, nothing really came together for us. One night, we had 6 bulls circling us on the way out of our unit... very exciting. Ended up shooting a cow at 15 yards as I would not be able to hunt the last weekend.

I also had a buck tag that was burning a hole in my pocket. Again, mama was busy working so getting away was a little difficult. I took my children out a few times and spotted a solid 170+ inch buck. Took my son out Friday night to find that buck and he spotted a 4 point. Looking through his binoculars he said, "Dad, he's a 4 point. Shoot him." While I wanted to wait and find the big buck, there was no way I was going to deny a 7 year old's request to fill a tag with him. Had a wonderful time teaching him how to gut, quarter, skin, and pack it out. Already looking forward to 2015.

Attachments

• IMG_2263-2.JPG
    IMG_2263-2.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 351
Nice work man - awesome hunting! It is indeed very difficult carving out hunting time and raising a family! Kudos to you being successful.

That's good stuff. That deer with your son will mean more to you with each passing year.

Super! I shot a screwed up racked whitetail last year at "the orders" ;) of my 6yo. If yours is like mine, that is HIS deer... :D Well done.

Good stuff, addict. That boy is growing like a weed. Seems like it wasn't long ago you were posting photos of his first fish.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back