Caribou Gear Tarp

2006 Montana Whitetail

IdahoBugler

After getting back from Alaska late and Thanksgiving only a couple of days away I was only able to head up to Montana for a stop watch hunt. I really didn't want to eat the tag since they cost so dang much. :eek: I called a buddy up in Dillon and he hooked me up with a chunk of property to hunt. We made it out in the morning and saw a couple decent bucks running around. Brett had first shot at whatever he wanted and made good on the closest buck.

My buddy and I both ended up shooting a couple dinkers a few hours later. It was a fun hunt but I wish I had more time to hunt it. Maybe next year I can draw the tag again.

BryceMontana5x5.jpg

Nice deer, and nice video. I wouldn't complain to much about that deer, in that part of the world thats a pretty decent buck.

Thats a nice whitetail. I tried to hunt around Dillon but couldn't get on any places. Seems to be the key to a whitetail in that area.
Congrats

Montana is by far my favorite place to hunt. Been there 3 times in the last 5 years & plan to go back. Awesome deer hunting IMHO! Congrats!!

"Stop watch" Copy cat ;) Nice buck, Kudos again !!! I didn't even know you were going to Montana... or would ever post a picture. :p

IB, Thanks for the video and photos. Looks like you had a great year. Congrats!

Congrats! We did see quite a few whitey's on private land while antelope hunting south of there. 'Twould be mucho fun country to hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back