Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2006 Hunts

AkBearHunter

What hunts do you guys have planned for this year in Alaska? I am hunting sheep the first week of September and doing a 9 day float for moose starting the 16th. May also try and squeeze in a bear hunt after my moose float hunt if I don't shoot one before then.

Nothing this year, but will probably chase some 'bou next year and hopefully (ie if my wife will allow) a muskox in '08.

Deer here on the island Aug - Sept, maybe registration elk over on Afognak late Oct. Whitetails back in Wisconsin come the end of November. Ducks on the weekends Oct 8 - Jan 22.

Caribou hunt up the Haul Road during the first part of August. Waiting to see if I get drawn for a permit hunt before I plan the rest of the season.

I only have one AK hunt planned cuz of my move to anchorage coming up but my season looks busy

Aug 1 start move to AK
Aug 17-28 Caribou hunt in AK
Sept 14-21 Deer Permit Wy
Oct 9-13 Deer Idaho
Oct 13-31 Bighorn Sheep Idaho
Nov. finish move to AK

I drew a tag for Kodiak bear and another for moose in the Dalton corridor. I'm working the first two weeks of September so it looks like I'll be moose hunting the 2nd half of the season. The bear season runs from 25 October through the end of November and I have to pick the tag up in person in Kodiak and select a 14 day window to hunt. I'm shooting for the opener but will have to rearrange my schedule. If a good Sitka buck offers himself up during the bear hunt I'll take him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back