10 year of onX Hunt !

onX Hunt

2019 marked onX’s 10th anniversary. We’ve come a long way from a small team working away in a Missoula office. And we just want to thank all of you for being with us throughout these 10 years and we look forward to many more. We recently sat down with our founder to discuss our history and what's to come in the future which you can read at the link.

10 years of onX Hunt

10-year-insta-1.jpg

Very cool.

OnX both saved our butts in Idaho this year and also may have given us some unfounded confidence in exploring new areas our bodies were not ready to explore. Congrats all!

Nice
f.png

It makes it a lot easier when hunting public/private boundary’s. It’s a product I can’t go without

Just a side note. I have run into quite a few wardens in Co who don’t recommend it. I don’t understand why?

It makes it a lot easier when hunting public/private boundary’s. It’s a product I can’t go without

Just a side note. I have run into quite a few wardens in Co who don’t recommend it. I don’t understand why?

Did they give exact examples why? that data is pulled straight from county records. You still have to be vigilant and pay attention to things like private roads. Also I know some counties still are not digitized but I’m surprised they would recommend against it.

Did they give exact examples why? that data is pulled straight from county records. You still have to be vigilant and pay attention to things like private roads. Also I know some counties still are not digitized but I’m surprised they would recommend against it.
Good question. I have found it has my property lines about 20ftfrom the actual pin. Close enough for government work, IMO. And I’m not sure some of these pins were recorded right.
Love the product. Congrats on the anniversary. Please don’t sell out to private equity. 😀

Crucify me over this but............. while OnX is a great product and I use it myself. It has definitely changed the game as far as using maps and what not in finding some honey holes and peculiar ways of access ultimately leading to some confrontations....... while it is great some things it has created are not so great. IMO.

Cool deal! First year going elite, hopefully it pays off in Wyoming, South Dakota, and Idaho this year!

I do wish there was a way to bring in like draw statistic for units, or public land statistics for units. Just general more statistics being available, but I'm a numbers guy which is why I'd want that!

Probably fairly hard to quantify, but it would be interesting to see how many critters have been taken directly due to OnX. Personally, I've had a couple instances where without OnX I wouldn't have shot because I wasn't certain of a boundary. Great product with many uses in addition to hunting. Thanks!

Probably fairly hard to quantify, but it would be interesting to see how many critters have been taken directly due to OnX. Personally, I've had a couple instances where without OnX I wouldn't have shot because I wasn't certain of a boundary. Great product with many uses in addition to hunting. Thanks!

Every antelope I have shot in wyoming is due to onx!

They just said they don’t recommend it as it is not that accurate. Surprised me

They just said they don’t recommend it as it is not that accurate. Surprised me
Doesn’t surprise me at all, The inaccurate part that is, it does surprise me they wouldn’t recommend it though. Nothing against OnX I absolutely love it and use it a ton however their maps are only as good as the data they are given. And unfortunately I’ve seen in many places the info they’ve been given is faulty. Like someone else mentioned I routinely see property lines well off the mark, land ownerships or property marked completely wrong etc. I bet they’ve ran into some real hard heads who thought they should ignore fences just because OnX showed it marked wrong, which led them to their lack of support decision. It’s not OnXs fault of course when people can’t use common sense and caution combined with their electronics!

And Congratulations to all you guys at OnX Hunt for 10 great years!! flaws and all your platforms a game changer for sure!

I used this a lot in the mountains, but those days are pretty much done. I use it now, here at home, with my custom pasture spraying in the spring and some hunting in the fall. This tool has revolutionized hunting and anything else, where you need to know property boundaries and ownership.

My subscription is on auto-renew.

Bought my first map in either '09 or '10 when it was huntingGPSmaps.com. Pretty sure it was CO. You had a choice between the download or the chip. Went with download cause figured I might loose the tiny chip or damage it somehow?

Back