'10 Minnesota Rifle Hunt

Up North 8

My name is Cody Nicholson and this is my first thread i have ever posted. I am a little new, but i have been viewing posts for a good period of time and of course keeping tabs on my Uncle's hunts.

The '10 rifle opener is this weekend Saturday, November 6, 2010. I have my hopes up for a big buck as i get to hunt the first four days. My dad and I have several scouting cameras out and we've got pics of some nice bucks. I have my eyes glistening over a nice 10 pointer that we've got with the cuddeback. Hopefully he'll dare walk out in front of me, cuz i can't miss now i've been shooting all summer getting ready ;) a little cocky eh maybe ha.
I'll be hunting on some public ground with my dad, grandma, sister, cousin, and his wife that surrounds our shack on a very small peice of private property.

I'll be back to post how things turn out when i get back as i won't have internet access out in the swamps and woods of the north. I just wanted to lay out the scenario and hopefully start my career of posting here on hunt talk.

Heres the bad boy that i'm looking to take down.
CDY_0015.jpg

CDY_0014.jpg

Good luck, I hope you have some hero shots with that deer soon.

Good luck this weekend, where in MN do you hunt I also will be hunting on saturday maybe I'll be able to figure out where that pine or tamarack tree is. Just kidding good luck.

Good luck! Unfortunately I have to miss gun season here in MN. Ah well, I still have SD and archery the rest of the year.

I will be hunting southwest of International Falls about an hour or so drive from there. Way way up north, good luck to you also.

Let me tell you...posting on this forum isn't much of a career. I'm living proof. ;)

Welcome to the forum, and good luck on the hunt. That's a heck of a nice buck!

That WT is a bruiser. Put him on the groud and post ups pics. I am looking forward to it. Good luck (not that you'll need it being related to Big Fin!).

My dad brought home another pick of the big 10 crossing the creek towards where im going to be hunting! We've watched this deer for the last 3 years. He always disappears right before deer season so hopefully with his old age he gets lazy and stays around. I have this feeling that he's just gonna up and disappear soon, but who knows. I may come home with a smaller deer (which is always great too!), but this bad boy is target numero uno.

CDY_0001.jpg

The date and time on your cameras are a bit off....lol

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back