09 Colorado pronghorn

van franke

Hi new to this site saw ads for the show on tv and caught a couple. Love it and the website.

I emailed these pics to four people and that was it and they have gone everywhere on the net. Wish I would of gotten a dollar for every forward. I Like this site so I decided to post them here myself in case some of you havent gotten the email. I need to decide how to have him mounted, any ideas would be apprciated. I am thinking about a watering antelope form that way his head is lowered and the horns stand out. I was going to do a pedestal but I dont want people messing with him so I decided to hang him on the wall.

freaky03.jpg

freaky02.jpg

That is one funky buck. Congrats! I bet he welcomed you putting him out of his misery. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing.

I got the email and saw that on the B&C trophy watch. I'm an antelope junkie and will say that is probably one of the coolest trophy goats I've ever seen. Congrats!

I agree on the mount, tip his head down to better show off the freakishness.

Yep, your buck sure has made the rounds. From what I hear, he was killed in several states, too. ;)

That's one awesome trophy. How ever you decide to mount him, I hope you share the finished product with us.

Yep, it has been around and I also saw it on B&C Trophy Watch.

Congrats to you and welcome to the place.

Yeah I ve heard he was shot in wyoming South Dakota, Montana, its crazy how the rumors fly. Thanks for the comments he is truly a special goat I got another pic for you guys to look at and show you some more interesting things. You can see the left horn does actually penetrate the nose. The hair at the base of the horns notice how it grows up on the sides a ways. My taxidermist hasnt caped the head yet I dont know exactly how he will have to do it. Itll be interesting to see if the skull plates broke, cause the horns arent as solid as you would think they would be.

antelope09cu0001_1.jpg

That is the CRAZIEST goat I have even heard of. He seems like he is
heavy as hell.
Does anyone know why the freakshow goats grow them that way??

Van Franke:

Welcome to the site. Glad you like it. Like many others, I got the email forwarded from many sources, stating it came from many different places.

Thanks a ton for posting it here. I think you will find this site to have some of the craziest antelope junkies on the web. The guys who have commented have shot some amazing pronghorn in their times, but I am not sure I have ever seen one like that. Congrats on what I am sure will be the coolest pronghorn taken in 2009.

I would shoot that buck over any elk I have ever had a chance to shoot. Over any mule deer I have ever had a chance to shoot. Or any whitetail I have ever had a chance to shoot. Let's just say, that I would shoot that buck over most any animal I have ever seen in the field, while having a tag in my hand.

Would love to hear any more details you might want to share about the hunt.

Thanks guys I love hunting pronghorns. Its to the point where next year I dont know if I will archery elk hunt because of the timeing with antelope. This was a landowner tag that I found in the classifieds, my wife and I both bought one. Im sure you guys have heard it was unit 99 which is all private land. I got the tags and started talking to people and knocking on doors and only one guy we talked to told us to come later in the week and we could go, everyone else said shoot two. Dont let private ground units in colorado scare you for antelope. One thing you can count on is farmers hate antelope, rarely do I get told no. Plan ahead and talk to people before everyone else. We had about 20000 acres to hunt when we where done. One of the ranchers told me about a drop horn buck and that is all it took to know where I was going to hunt. He exceeded my expectaions. Im waiting on eastmans to decide what they are going to do with my story.

Man, the antelope God sure had a warped sense of humor for that particular speed goat! Talk about a trophy of a lifetime........congratulations on a very unique pronghorn.....and welcome to the site!

Man that thing is awesome congrats on a great trophy anyway you have hime mounted I hope to see a finished product. Also what was his score in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back