You know you married up when

She is very generous in letting me hunt and she loves going with me….. but she also thinks she needs a week or so on a sunny beach too.

An old timer once told me “if mamma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy” so I told her this year is hers to go to the beach. I didn’t go to SD fishing or pheasant hunting one time this year so after the beach trip I can guilt her into an elk hunt again this fall. At least make her less surprised when I tell her I drew a tag I told her I didn’t apply for. 🤣
My wife's the same as long as she gets her week in Galveston or Port A a year I basically get to go where and when I want hunting. Gotta suck it up and do Hawaii soon trying to wait till the kids are old enough to leave.

We have been to 3 so far this year, probably 3 more yet to go. We enjoy the night out for a good cause. Of course I have other motives as well. I’ve been collecting for a number of years the banquet gun,buckle, and knife for each year. Mostly on live auction. I’ve been pretty lucky with winning rifles as well. So far this year I won a browning in 6.8 western. Next may we are planning to go to the one in Vegas. It’s held at south point.

Attachments

• A2FBA21E-51FD-4557-811C-C9A157B7076F.jpeg
    A2FBA21E-51FD-4557-811C-C9A157B7076F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 707D461F-074F-415D-BCC2-6000385DE97C.jpeg
    707D461F-074F-415D-BCC2-6000385DE97C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
In all honesty I stopped buying gun raffle tickets I usually do a silent auction item like a picture or something for the house. By the time I end uo winning a random gun I could have bought what I wanted. I know thats not the point of the event though.

Husband said we 'hunted a bit too much' last year :LOL: - we (...I...) got really into grouse hunting with the bow.

Glad he's humoring me for my 2-month long elk/pronghorn leave of absence this year :cool:

The wife said several years ago after a couple decades of marriage and right before I went off to Wyoming on an amazing bull tag (I think you are more excited right now than you were on our Honeymoon). I thought about it for a few seconds and wanted to make sure I wasn't about to step into a huge mess - AND she replied before I could dig a hole and said --- I really enjoy it while you are going hunting! Now I am trying to figure out what the hell is happening. She said you know how you used to say, it took you 3-4 days before you realized you didn't have cell service or had to be a business owner or stressed out parent or agitated spouse and only had to deal with yourself - She said that's how I feel when your gone and the kids are out of the house - I get to sleep in, eat as much chocolate or dessert as I want and don't have to be a slave to the kitchen or this or that.

So know we call it the "HONEYMOON" when I leave for 7-10 day elk hunt each year.

Funny how things work out. I love my wife and cherish our time together, but she is right as I would rather have 7-10 elk hunt than another honeymoon at this chapter of my life. You can always honeymoon at a later date, but elk season is set date that can't be changed!!!

Funny. My non-hunting wife kind of enjoys these banquets and is pretty free with the cash which a lot of times turns into nothing. She then looks at me sideways if I just go buy a gun. 🤣

We have been to 3 so far this year, probably 3 more yet to go. We enjoy the night out for a good cause. Of course I have other motives as well. I’ve been collecting for a number of years the banquet gun,buckle, and knife for each year. Mostly on live auction. I’ve been pretty lucky with winning rifles as well. So far this year I won a browning in 6.8 western. Next may we are planning to go to the one in Vegas. It’s held at south point.
that belt buckle is sweet!!!

I was lucky, my Wife was a hunter and had more guns than I did when we got married. She had her own 4wd pickup, an ATV and had just finished through hiking The Colorado Trail when we started dating. She told me shooting that Bull with her muzzleloader was more exciting than getting married.D7B8B0F5-2816-4ACA-B506-E9EF0EDCA285.jpegEDEE33EA-ACF0-4CE6-9934-1A25AF6A8C2A.jpegD7CBC1B3-10EC-41A4-8CBC-4F4C2E91BD12.jpeg

I think my first big “married up” moment was when my wife left work to hike into a gps point I sent her of an elk I had killed. She couldn’t find where I parked so she just picked what she thought was the closest spot and hiked in with her pack and our dogs. She then packed out the last quarter and left me just the head for my last trip out. We never actually ran into each other while packing out. I was more than happy to repay the work a week later when she got her first bull

I think my first big “married up” moment was when my wife left work to hike into a gps point I sent her of an elk I had killed. She couldn’t find where I parked so she just picked what she thought was the closest spot and hiked in with her pack and our dogs. She then packed out the last quarter and left me just the head for my last trip out. We never actually ran into each other while packing out. I was more than happy to repay the work a week later when she got her first bull
He wins.

You know you married up when​

... She tolerates you.

I have no clue what I did to deserve her though a common response, I'm not sure what she did to piss God off though he sure as chit blessed me.

I thought so. I have one in 257. it’s been a safe queen for the last 40 years.
Ajay has killed multiple elk, deer, and pronghorn with her Wimpy .243. I suggested getting a BLR in 308 since it’s more appropriate than a 243 and got that look.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back