You know you married up when

Stocker

Your wife not only makes sure you get tickets to an RMEF banquet, but is more excited about going than you are. Anyone else gonna be in Omaha tomorrow night?

At least I know when I lose the sane amount trying to win a gun as a gun costs that being a loser helps elk and elk hunters.

Starting the night…..

B6E8BE6F-4826-4CBD-914A-A7BDAAC3DBB0.gif

Trying to salvage a win on the last chance gun. B574FBD2-9691-4715-A186-FD9C84484E85.gif

Don't waste money buying more tickets when you get there. Wait until just before the drawing when they offer last chance tickets for HALF price. Twenty bucks turned into a SS Winchester .338 Classic for me.

I also "married up", my wife does the animal/bird calling, skins, cuts meat, makes Euro mounts, Turkey fans etc. I am a lucky guy.

My boys and I are going tonight to our local RMEF banquet. Looking forward to it. I have always thought that if you forgot about the raffles and just "played" the silent auction that you would come out ahead in the long run. But good luck with not playing the raffles. Especially when you have 2 teenage boys saying, "But Dad....."

You married a good one! My wife was disappointed that we are going to miss @Oak's 2023 RMBS Rendezvous and made me commit to bringing the whole family next year. I just told her we could take all the money I saved this year by not going and entering into RMBS raffles... she asked how that benefited her ha

Actually I wised up just last year and let my wife buy and choose where our raffle tickets go. I’ve blown thousands of dollars at WT, PF, NWTF, and RMEF banquets. The biggest prize I’ve ever won was a Tshirt.

Last year I let her do it all and she won a whole table full of stuff.

You married a good one! My wife was disappointed that we are going to miss @Oak's 2023 RMBS Rendezvous and made me commit to bringing the whole family next year. I just told her we could take all the money I saved this year by not going and entering into RMBS raffles... she asked how that benefited her ha
Took my wife last year and the whole family is going this year. Gonna take a long weekend and get some hiking and stuff done too! Wife won a couple things last year and so did I. This year I’ll settle for just winning a tag! 😉

Definitely married up, 2nd time around. She always deer hunted with me (and before we met), but a few years ago had a group that were all set on an elk hunt. Somehow one of the other guys did something wrong in the app, got booted out of the draw, everyone canceled. She saw how bummed I was, offered to go the following year. Don't have to worry about the group anymore, she loves it as much as I.

I have learned over the years to never go to the bathroom while the live auction is going and leave my wife and kids at the table.
My wife loves going. However, my pockets don’t like it one bit when she gets to the live auction. Swear her arm has a flailing disorder every time the auctioneer picks up the mic. Lol
She bought a RMEF Rodeo Vegas Trip one year that conflicted with a 3rd season buck tag I had used 12 points. Her and our son had a great trip without me. Then followed it up with a Minnesota Cabin rental that conflicted with one of our vacations. Thankfully, I only had to pay a $100 for them to auction back off to someone else to cover the her bid.
Just to be fair, she went to the bathroom at one banquet and I bought a pack horse. She has no idea how expensive it is to own horses and hopefully won't do the math anytime soon. The joy of wives at banquets!

You’ll most likely land the floatplane at a BEACH!! It will be difficult to explain why she needs a new bug suit and not a new swimsuit.
She is very generous in letting me hunt and she loves going with me….. but she also thinks she needs a week or so on a sunny beach too.

An old timer once told me “if mamma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy” so I told her this year is hers to go to the beach. I didn’t go to SD fishing or pheasant hunting one time this year so after the beach trip I can guilt her into an elk hunt again this fall. At least make her less surprised when I tell her I drew a tag I told her I didn’t apply for. 🤣

The Oklahoma city banquet is April 1st going with the wife, two kids, and my sister in law. Need to find that girl a good man and possibly a ne elk hunting partner. My wife loves any excuse to dress up and go out so she's a easy sell. First time bringing the kids but they're getting old enough I want them to start developing a understanding for conservation. Another reason for the sister in law I figure at 3vs2 it's almost a even match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back