Yeti GOBOX Collection

Yet Another Idaho Buck.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
A good friend that I used to work with at my old job went out hunting this year for the first time in Idaho. Although Tough as Nails and in Marathon Shape, he jsut hasn't been out much since he moved here. Last year he took the time off to help me pack out a Deer ... well, and my elk :)

This year he got his First Idaho Muley. He was hunting around the "STANLEY" area ;)

Kudos my friend, thats a Nice buck !!!!

LanceDeer.jpg

hump

EXCELLENT DEER!!!!!

Where did you get that? :D

I was honored to be the game guide and pack mule for this awesome hunt. It started out a few hours before sunup. We pulled off the side of the road, strapped on our backpacks and tied our boots, choking on dust from 20 “Hunttalk” trucks whizzing by roadhunting with spotlights! :D It was crazy! After hiking in for 2 miles up the drainage, we encountered about 10 “NO HUNTING” and “NO TRESPASSING” signs and stood there in the dark trying to figure out what to do! We decided to climb parallel to the fence and got up above the private property. The sun was just starting to lighten up the sky and we jumped a couple of does. After spooking the does, we glassed the drainage to our right. DEER! ELK!!!! We glassed cow elk and a ton of does. It was awesome to see all the wildlife. Of course there was no bucks, at least that we could find. :confused: We continued up the mountain and saw a group of does filing out of a bench. I just figured it was all does and finally looked through the binoc’s at them……..

BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, Lance eased the crosshairs to the vitals and smacked the deer from 200+ yards…….YOU HIT HIM!!! SHOOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Second shot, missed. But that was fine, the next time I looked, he was rolling down the mountain.

I, of course, did some vintage Moosie moves in celebration of the excellent shot! You would have been proud!

I gave Lance an anatomy lesson, and then the work began. We had to drag him sideslope around the private property then down the hill. Lance pretty much did all the work, I just kept the a$$ end from sliding down the hill. Once we got to the bottom of the drainage, we tied a big stick across the antlers and drug him out the remaining 2 miles.

Awesome deer, very fun hunt! I was glad to be there to see an animal finally get shot!

Dragged it two miles?:eek: :D You ID guys are hard-core. Or maybe Moosie owns all the packs in that state.;) :D

Thanks for posting Moosie and Elk Turd. Maybe someday I'll be smart enough to post my own pic and story:D .

Thanks to Elk Turd for a great hunt.

No Blasting here.

Kudos on a Good hunt !!! Good luck up north on the Whiteys, Warren is up north with Kotter right now. Getting Snowed on I'd presume :D :D

Don't you people ever work? :D Congrates Lance, the first of many. That is, unless you keep hunting with ELk Turd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back