Caribou Gear Tarp

Yet another chance to to tell CPW what they want to hear: Big Game Season Structure Survey

I wish there would have been ‘freestyle’ comments available for that one. It works, the math is for all effective purposes the same as true bonus points. Most people are never going to draw MSG in their lifetime no matter what scheme is deployed, and it's demonstrably true that folks with more weighted points draw tags at higher rates.

Statistics and probability are hard.
Don't bring that up on bowsite lol. Orion will argue that it makes zero difference until he's blue in the face.

I still
Feel there was only 1 question for deer. The idea of the wait period is not about deer, but about elk. Elk are the creatures most notorious about harboring in mass on private. Etc. I still feel like the most controversial issues in Colorado right now are deer allocations, etc. The wait periods are about elk, while moving the season might affect deer some, it completely failed to ask any question directly about deer management…

Sorry to say but it is not looking good for Colorado at all…

So from what I can tell is that they are considering changing there weighted bonus point system for mtn goat, sheep and moose to a PP system for these species such as they already do for elk, antelope and deer?

So from what I can tell is that they are considering changing there weighted bonus point system for mtn goat, sheep and moose to a PP system for these species such as they already do for elk, antelope and deer?
That would be absolutely horrible.

I don’t think so. Where did you get that idea?

You all can have my sheep and goat tags. Never liked sheep and I can only eat goat if very hungry. Moose isn't worth it compared to elk. I'll fill out the survey just to support making non res a draw. I like Polis ok as a person, great guy, real bright, personable. But..... he's screwed over hunters with his loopy pics for commissioner.

There have been survey questions asking how people feel about modifying the bonus point system so higher bonus point holders get higher odds than they currently get.

No talk of switching to pps for msg that I’ve heard.

I don’t think so. Where did you get that idea?
I thought I read that but I either miss understood, read it about another state or read some incorrect information. I’m glad I came on here to verify, with you all that are keeping tabs on it all.

There have been survey questions asking how people feel about modifying the bonus point system so higher bonus point holders get higher odds than they currently get.

No talk of switching to pps for msg that I’ve heard.
Maybe that’s where I got the inception for the the thought. Thank you

just heard that high point holders are receiving surveys about preference point banking.

that really chaps my ass.

"when we surveyed everyone we got a slight majority against and plenty of testimony and logic against, so now that we don't know what people want we need to survey only high point holders to figure out what to do"

good grief. obviously high point holders are gonna be interested bat shit stupid ideas.

just heard that high point holders are receiving surveys about preference point banking.

"when we surveyed everyone we got a slight majority against and plenty of testimony and logic against, so now that we don't know what people want we need to survey only high point holders to figure out what to do"

good grief. obviously high point holders are gonna be interested bat shit stupid ideas.
My wife has mega points for deer, elk, pronghorn and moose and no outreach to her, yet.
They ever start point pooling (not banking) , those points are going away fast.

Last edited:
My wife has mega points for deer, elk, pronghorn and moose and no outreach to her, yet.
I’m not sure what qualifies as ‘high’ but I have high teens elk and weighted moose points and haven’t heard anything.

LOL, I did not say I support the change, because I do not. But if it comes to pass I will use the tools they make available to have fun hunts.
and I agree with this 1000%. I think point banking is dumb, but I would almost have to use it for two hunts. I’d rather see point averaging on party apps (as @Khunter alludes to) as a new tool than banking.

Especially with our ridiculous tag return policy on top of a point banking system, yikes.

well clearly they need to randomize who they survey in the high-points-only dept so they don't bias the results right? ;)

Last edited:

Yep got my survey yesterday

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back