Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2025-2029 Big Game Season Structure Questionnaire Open Through March 15, 2023

CycleFishHunt

As we begin to build the framework for the 2025-2029 Big Game Season Structure, CPW wants to hear from big game hunters about the topics under consideration, including season dates and timing and potentially limiting over-the-counter (OTC) elk licenses. The options provided in this comment form are starting points for discussion (i.e., not final options to 'vote' on) - these options will be further considered and modified as needed during the public meeting opportunities in Spring/Summer 2023-details on dates/locations to come. This comment form will be available through March 15, 2023.

If it's the one I filled out yesterday there's like 4 questions. I would say I expected more but I don't expect much from the cpw anymore. Edit my bad I see that's for the public comment section. There's a survey up as well.

I thought it was interesting that CPW is considering adding a new pronghorn season. I’m not sure if that would be nice: because it’d spread out the number of hunters over multiple seasons and you’d see less people in the field.
Or if it’s a bad idea: because we’d be adding more opportunities to hunt an already limited resource.

I hope that they take my input on this more seriously than they took my input on the big game tag allocations. lol

I thought it was interesting that CPW is considering adding a new pronghorn season. I’m not sure if that would be nice: because it’d spread out the number of hunters over multiple seasons and you’d see less people in the field.
Or if it’s a bad idea: because we’d be adding more opportunities to hunt an already limited resource.

and i swear i saw something about adding a deer season to 1st rifle... right? didn't i see that?

not sure how i'd feel about that. but they better slash both 2nd and 3rd season tags if so.

and i swear i saw something about adding a deer season to 1st rifle... right? didn't i see that?

not sure how i'd feel about that. but they better slash both 2nd and 3rd season tags if so.
Yes. There was a question about adding a 1st rifle deer and they slipped in an option to remove the 4th rifle elk too!

Yes. There was a question about adding a 1st rifle deer and they slipped in an option to remove the 4th rifle elk too!

i just noticed the removing 4th season elk option today looking at this

not sure what the motivation there is. are they trying to keep justifying otc by removing opportunity elsewhere?

i have submitted comments to cpw in the past that deer hunters deserve their own rifle season without the hassle of OTC elk madness going on at the same time. not like that's the reason, but if they get rid of an elk season get rid of 3rd IMO.

looking at my linked document it looks like the 2nd/3rd rifle dates could be shifted to earlier again, which would be wise. that's where i'll likely focus my comments.

i just noticed the removing 4th season elk option today looking at this

not sure what the motivation there is. are they trying to keep justifying otc by removing opportunity elsewhere?

i have submitted comments to cpw in the past that deer hunters deserve their own rifle season without the hassle of OTC elk madness going on at the same time. not like that's the reason, but if they get rid of an elk season get rid of 3rd IMO.

looking at my linked document it looks like the 2nd/3rd rifle dates could be shifted to earlier again, which would be wise. that's where i'll likely focus my comments.
Your linked document doesn’t come up for me.

Your linked document doesn’t come up for me.

odd doesnt work for me anymore. screen shot below.

or go to OP link, on the right, "Question 6 Season Dates and Timing.pdf (153 KB) (pdf)"

1676935105408.png
1676935128027.png
1676935158285.png

Reactions: Oak
Just took the survey, I would like to see a late August start date for archery deer! Ideally, a Aug 25/26 archery deer opener would be nice and give a week before archery elk season starts.

So it looks like they are leaning towards going back to the more traditional past dates from the five year structure they currently have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back