Year in review

Outdooraddict

Been a while since I posted. Guess I was a lurker before joining, and I'm still one now. Had a good year, didn't get out as much as I wanted to but that seems to be normal. Had a great time with my dad, brother, and children. Have to say, taking the kids out and being successful might be one of the most rewarding things I have done in the outdoors. The last trip prompted me into writing this. I recently went turkey hunting with my 6 and 4 year olds. We were on public land, and happened to be in the right place at the right time. Called in three big toms, but the girl wouldn't stop swinging her stick (which was quite a bit longer that her height) and the boy, running out of patience, stood up and yelled, "DAD! They're right there!" So, that didn't quite work out and we had to get back home. On the way, the boy was almost in tears cause dad didn't shoot, and the girl was playing in the mud with her stick. I yelled at her to catch up, so I blew a few calls waiting for her. Couldn't believe it when one gobbled on the other side of the hill. We crouched and shot the first tom that showed up. Boy jumped for joy, the girl ran and hit the turkey with her stick... I don't know what's up with her.

Happy Outings.

Attachments

• Steve Bull.JPG
    Steve Bull.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Pack out.JPG
    Pack out.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Braedencow.JPG
    Braedencow.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 341
  • BraedenPako.JPG
    BraedenPako.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Braedentrout.JPG
    Braedentrout.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 342
  • ducks.JPG
    ducks.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Averycrappie.jpg
    Averycrappie.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Kidsturkey.JPG
    Kidsturkey.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 338
Great memories. Thanks for sharing. I can still remember when I was the little kid out being loud while my dad hunted...

Train up a child when he is young, and when he is old, he shall not depart. Great times

Thanks guys. The boy is all about it- the girl just is happy doing anything... She's actually my lucky charm, I've shot a few coyotes, ducks, and turkey's with her around... singing the whole time. This year it was that song from Frozen- but I warned her ahead of time she couldn't sing it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back