Yah, or Nah

Gunner46

A local store has the Rem 770 w/scope in 243 Win, on clearance for $190.00. Do I buy it or not waste the money.

Hmm...$190? This may be another one of those times where you get what you pay for, but you might get lucky.

Hmm...$190? This may be another one of those times where you get what you pay for, but you might get lucky.

Yeah, I'm thinking pretty much the same, but if it doesn't shoot worth a crap past 100 yds I could keep it as a klunker truck gun to ward off zombie invasions, rabid coyotes/ coons/ex-wives and general politically motivated malcontents.

all I know is bought the only piece of crap that's a bigger piece of crap. The 710 in 30-06. I still have it. I leave it at my cabin as a triple back up gun, or I am hoping someone steals it, not sure which. The 710 started the whole plastic cheap guns. It actually will shoot just over a 1" group but its at least 12 years old when Remington still made good stuff. I actually wish it was a .243 because it would be that perfect throw in in your truck, quad and if you see a coyote or something shoot it. You wouldn't worry it it gets scratched up. Actually it may look better.

giphy.gif

Don't know much about the 770, but my 783 in 308 is a shooter with several factory rounds. I'd pay $200 for it every day.

Reactions: LCH
Inspect it carefully including the barrell. I thought I had a deal awhile back like that. The barrel was badly pitted. If it's really in good condition, I would buy it to sell to someone else. Completely inspect it though before pulling the trigger.

If the 770 had more typical threaded barrel, I'd say yes just for a project. Them being press fit it'd be an easy pass for me.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back