Wyoming wilderness guide rule poll

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date

How do you feel about Wyoming’s law requiring NR hunters to have a guide in designated wilderness?

• It is necessary to protect pilgrims from woofs and griz

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • It’s a BS subsidy for outfitters

Votes: 247 96.1%

• Total voters
It's not a difficult concept to wrap your mind around.

IMO and experience, the NR crowding perception is often greatly inflated in ones own mind. There are a few places I’ve seen where it’s a reality, such as the Missouri Breaks when it was not a permit archery hunt.

The places I’ve hunted as a NR I’ve seen much greater crowding from locals.

IMO and experience, the NR crowding perception is often greatly inflated in ones own mind. There are a few places I’ve seen where it’s a reality, such as the Missouri Breaks when it was not a permit archery hunt.

The places I’ve hunted as a NR I’ve seen much greater crowding from locals.

I still don't think you are understanding this concept. By the time you exclude NR hunters, road hunters, and 4 wheeler hunters the WY wilderness can offer R hunters an opportunity to hunt with less people around. That simple.

With more tags going to residents there should be more locals than NR's at the trailhead.

By the time you exclude NR hunters, road hunters, and 4 wheeler hunters the WY wilderness can offer R hunters an opportunity to hunt with less people around. That simple.

I understand just fine. In my experience, I’ve found greater crowding in wilderness areas in the last 7-8 years than I have outside of them.

Crowding is crowding, I don’t care if you live there or not.

YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a difficult concept to wrap your mind around. Places where there are no roads, 4 wheelers, and few NR hunters hold more game than the areas that have roads, 4 wheelers everywhere, and NR hunters all over the place.

Not necessarily. I hunt a lot of places that aren’t wilderness and hunt quality is wayyyy better than most wilderness I’ve hunted both in experience, quantity, and quality of animals.

I think the whiney ass non residents think wilderness areas are a utopia of big deer and elk. When in all actuality there’s a lot of the designated wilderness area void of big game.

Not necessarily. I hunt a lot of places that aren’t wilderness and hunt quality is wayyyy better than most wilderness I’ve hunted both in experience, quantity, and quality of animals.
Interesting. When I am around road hunters, lots of 4 wheelers, and NR hunters I see less animals.
But I'm sure some hunter has seen plenty of game on the road, pulling a 4 wheeler, on the side of the highway, while corner crossing.

As you know places like the snowies get hit pretty good so leaving the road hunters, 4 wheelers, and NR's behind and heading in the wilderness can be a good thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back