Wyoming wilderness guide rule poll

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date

How do you feel about Wyoming’s law requiring NR hunters to have a guide in designated wilderness?

• It is necessary to protect pilgrims from woofs and griz

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • It’s a BS subsidy for outfitters

Votes: 247 96.1%

• Total voters
I’m be known a few WY residents who supported simply because they felt it gave them somewhere to escape the NR hunters. I question this logic, but to each their own.
If I were a WY resident, that would be one of my favorite state rules! Have you not seen the happy pic posts of the beautiful WY scenery, deer and bear hunts that @SnowyMountaineer enjoys?

I'm extra thankful for the film restrictions in wilderness areas. Call me selfish..

Not sure if I exactly agree with the BS part but definitely with the subsidy part. I'm not all familiar with the laws regarding Wilderness areas, never been to one but have hopes and dreams to. Can a non res carry a sidearm while enjoying other wilderness activities? Not sure the pogo sticking with a sidearm would be my best choice though!!! In general I can see the point of view of the outfitters/residents but don't particularly like it and would like it changed but my opinion and a quarter might get you a free refill on coffee.

If you look at the maps you will clearly see that this rule is effective at keeping non resident hunters out of grizz country......

Do you get angry at the strip club because you can only look but not touch? Same applies to the wilderness law in Wyoming. Nothing is stopping you from looking. You just can’t touch it with a rifle or bow. It’s life. Deal with it.

Do you get angry at the strip club because you can only look but not touch? Same applies to the wilderness law in Wyoming. Nothing is stopping you from looking. You just can’t touch it with a rifle or bow. It’s life. Deal with it.

Read the other thread, @JLS ’s point was that most hunttalkers feel this way exactly.

If I were a WY resident, that would be one of my favorite state rules! Have you not seen the happy pic posts of the beautiful WY scenery, deer and bear hunts that @SnowyMountaineer enjoys?

I'm extra thankful for the film restrictions in wilderness areas. Call me selfish..

Oh I agree, I should have clarified the part I question is the NR pressure. I think perception is greater than reality at times.

The solution seems to be becoming a Utah resident, then come to WY and set forth disregarding all manner of natural resource laws. 3+ weeks at the same campsite? No problem! No road? The Razr can handle it! I see almost as many Utah residents in wilderness as I do residents.

Were in a recession?

Yep. Economic guidelines do not actually prove the existence of a Recession. Those official metrics are only seen in the rearview mirror since are declared after quarterly data is collected and sifted and aggregated then sometimes revised a few months after published. Layoffs are coming. Stocks will pull back. Consumer spending on cars and vacations and home upgrades will stall. Companies will hold off on upgrading technology and equipment and pare dow inventories. And, hunters will cut back on $1000 elk tags and $6000 outfitted hunts for 320 elk and 160 deer. Feel free to wait for an official call of the Recession. Elections will be impacted and then that outcome will result in a reduction in military spending which has propped up the economy for two decades of blowing holes into the desert sand. Hoping is not like 2008-12 which was how long small businesses saw sales and headcount ebb as the recovery did not trickle down to them as fast as the bigger companies that have the power to influence tax code and things like clunker buybacks and government investment.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back