Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Unit 30

lbirch

We hunted this unit for the first time this year and we had a great time. I would say that without the HMA permission slips we had it would have been a bit more difficult. Thanks to the Wyoming Game and Fish and the private landowners for the HMA program!

The wind was gusting between 25 and 30 mph and it made for some rough days. The antelope were really nervous and most of the time they scattered at first site of us up to 1400 yards. The terrain was good enough that it enabled us to stalk close enough without being seen.

We weren't looking for trophies but found some nice bucks from 12" to 15-3/4". My buck was 13-1/2" and had large mass above it's prongs like a bicep on an arm. His prongs were nice too so I took him on the last day of our hunt.

Now I'm sitting back at this desk staring at the pictures flashing across my screen wishing I was back out there. It will be a long 28 days until I go help my friend with his Henry Mountains buffalo hunt in UT. Cant wait.
2011 Antelope.jpg

2011 WY ANTELOPE.jpg

We found a place in the middle of nowhere to take a few pictures of the entire group. Usually the weather has been too hot for this so we couldn't resist. The pictures help make the memories last forever. The country there was so beautiful too. Those that live in Wyoming are so lucky.

2011 WY antelope picture.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great hunt. Congrats to all you guys. There some really good bucks in that group.

You guys did very well.
My daughter and I hunted 30 last year. Our slips were for the HMA on the North side of the freeway. I doubt there were 50 goats in the whole area. Only saw 5 bucks and killed 3 of them.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back