Wyoming Supertag

Kentucky Jack

I've been tryin to find more info on this application, haven't found much on past threads. I know Randy has mentioned it on a few episodes but can't recall him really going in depth on it. Can someone explain to me in more detail how this supertag works? I've read about it on the wgfd website but it doesn't give me enough information. In my opinion anyways. Is it really worth putting in for? What's the odds of actually drawing? Is it for a certain unit? Etc. Etc. Just a little background, I've never hunted west of the mississippi, been buying points last several years and have bankrolled enough vacation that hopefully 2023 is my year if I can pull a tag. Don't have deep pockets so I'm putting all my eggs in the Wyoming basket. Thanks in advance!

No its not worth putting in for. Consider it play money. Its not meant to be a sound draw strategy. If you don't have play money don't buy them. No idea on odds. But they suck. Once again it play money not a draw strategy. You get to hunt any unit for the species you draw the super tag for.

If you have any disposable income, applying for Commissioner Tag (or whatever they're called) raffles has much better odds. I think the Super Tags give you the opportunity to hunt any unit that has a certain minimum of tags. Commissioner Tag are more or less the same except you have to pick a unit and stick to it.

It's a raffle with long odds but someone has to win.
If you win you have to buy the license but get to hunt in almost any area.
For $10 why not take a chance?
Okay so it's starting to make sense. So if you're lucky enough to get drawn you can hunt that species in any area there are tags your not restricted to just one unit. You still have to purchase the license and everything. So this seems like maybe a good option for someone like me who started the point game later in life to still have a chance at a sheep tag. With point creep and how expensive sheep and moose points are I just accepted it wasn't in the cards for me. Am I on the right track?

I never expect to draw these, I put in for about 6-12 chances for various species. I simply look at it as a donation to help our state wildlife and never anticipate drawing. An applicant had less than .001% chance of drawing.

For $10, $5, whatever the cost…..it’s an inexpensive purchase of a daydream, with the benefit of that money funding conservation. Someone is gonna win the permit, but everybody benefits.

MT, ID, NV, AZ, OR, WY, CO all have some version of the Supertag, Superhunt, etc.

All worth every penny

I have interest in one state Super Tag-type raffles. It is the pronghorn tag in the Arizona Big Game Super Raffle. As many tickets as I have bought over the years, I'm probably well on my way to what I could have bought one for at auction. We all have our bad habits that come with irresponsible spending. That is mine.

I don't view my support for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society and their statewide sheep tag as irresponsible gambling addiction. That is just good civic duty supporting our good friend @Oak and his conservation volunteers.

The AZ drawing is tonight. Pretty sure this is my year. If not, I am sure they can count on my irresponsible spending to fund their program again next year.

I have interest in one state Super Tag-type raffles. It is the pronghorn tag in the Arizona Big Game Super Raffle. As many tickets as I have bought over the years, I'm probably well on my way to what I could have bought one for at auction. We all have our bad habits that come with irresponsible spending. That is mine.

I don't view my support for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society and their statewide sheep tag as irresponsible gambling addiction. That is just good civic duty supporting our good friend @Oak and his conservation volunteers.

The AZ drawing is tonight. Pretty sure this is my year. If not, I am sure they can count on my irresponsible spending to fund their program again next year.
Thanks Randy for the insight, and good luck in the drawing tonight.

“Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.” Roman philosopher Seneca.

Stay in the game. You will hit when you least expect it. Good luck to all, TheGrayRider.

I hope you get your antelope tag. Just don’t take my Swarovski package.

Back