Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming results May 1 - 10:00AM

ihuntelk

Just posted on their home page that sheep, moose, goat and ta' tonka will be available on the 1st.
Good luck, I know I need it!

-Cade

Random draw for moose and sheep with only 11 points for each. My odds are...........? :rolleyes:

Actually they are the same as mine with 2 points for sheep. Sure wish I could just apply for sheep in Wyoming without having to do the preference point since I don't think I'll ever get to use the points.

Maybe they will do like Arizona and let people roll points over to their kids or grandkids in their wills or something.

At $100 a pop those points will be worth a few thousand bucks (at least that's how much they will cost me) when I die.

Yes, everyone's odds are the same in the random draw. Except Hungerford's odds might be worse in the resident pool.

That is good to know. I have decided to pass on my Idaho moose app, given I am pretty sure that this time tomorrow I will be dancing around in celebration of my Wyoming bison tag, index fingers pointing updwards while thumbs pressed against the side of my head; a jacket tucked between my back and my shirt to create a protruding hump; scratching the dirt as I crawl around the yard, proclaiming, "Ta'tonka! Ta'tonka!"

Yes, when it comes to bison hunting, "My mind is gone!"

That is good to know. I have decided to pass on my Idaho moose app, given I am pretty sure that this time tomorrow I will be dancing around in celebration of my Wyoming bison tag, index fingers pointing updwards while thumbs pressed against the side of my head; a jacket tucked between my back and my shirt to create a protruding hump; scratching the dirt as I crawl around the yard, proclaiming, "Ta'tonka! Ta'tonka!"

Yes, when it comes to bison hunting, "My mind is gone!"

Make sure Mrs Fin gets a pic of you doing that and posts it on here :D

I'm hoping Randy gets that tag just so we can see that reaction. :)

I'm in for all 3 but am not holding my breath. Good luck to everyone.

We'll need photos and/or video
%252790+-+tatanka2.jpg

Well, I guess I should have applied for moose in Idaho. No Wyoming bison tag for me. I notice they did not give me a bison preference point. I take it bison will not be part of the preference points system, even under this new manner of drawing and paying for bison tags.

Good luck to the rest of you.

0 for 9 between my 2 girls and I.
I thought I'd have about a 30% chance on my moose tag this year but was not meant to be....................

I'll be really interested to see the odds on bison this year.
Hopefully someone else got lucky.

-Cade

I struck out on all of them. Not sure why I always get so optimistic about drawing. I guess that is part of the fun of applying.

Just got off the site after entering my buddie's info. He drew a resident bull tag for 002-1 and doesn't even know it yet, but I emailed him with the news in ND where he's now working during the week for Marathon Oil Co. He puts in for about everything west of the Mississippi and has drawn more tags than Carter has liver pills!Looks like this is the start of another good year for him after striking out in NM and AZ so far on those draws.

Still in shock over drawing a mountain goat tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***You should be with 679 applicants for a total of only 6 tags in the three open units. Then again, your luck on tags is about like that buddy of mine in that it seems like he could draw a tag somewhere without even applying, LOL! Congrats and I hope you can find and get a Booner!

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back