2023 Colorado draw results Moose/Prong/Elk/Deer

My feeling is these folks have to be aging out and just want a “easy” cow hunt.

Moose shows the same thing.
I know a older guy still in decent shape who cashed in 13 deer points a few years ago on a hunt he drew with 0 the next year. He did it because his boy (grown man) put in and was going and he just wanted to hunt with his son.

Last edited:
Y'all got me going down a real rabbit hole looking at some of the more epic application failures. Here are some of my favorites

PoInT CReEp 💹View attachment 278578

When you find out someone with 16 pts applied for your dream cow tag and you have 22 points in the hopper.
View attachment 278579

I call this one "hold my beer..."
View attachment 278580

In case they're a member of hunttalk here's a link to the definition to the word second https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/second
View attachment 278581

leftover
noun
left·over ˈleft-ˌō-vər

: something that remains unused or unconsumed
View attachment 278582

I started to add in the incredible either sex and bull tags these could have drawn, many with ease! But that was just getting way too depressing.

I would LOVE to see the statistic on WHO is making these “mistakes”and have a many times they have done it…..

I’ve been saying it for years, people are playing the system and ever since the made youth draw priority in the secondary draw things have gotten “weirder”…

Y'all got me going down a real rabbit hole looking at some of the more epic application failures. Here are some of my favorites

When you find out someone with 16 pts applied for your dream cow tag and you have 22 points in the hopper.
View attachment 278579

View attachment 278580

In case they're a member of hunttalk here's a link to the definition to the word second https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/second
View attachment 278581

leftover
noun
left·over ˈleft-ˌō-vər

View attachment 278582

I started to add in the incredible either sex and bull tags these could have drawn, many with ease! But that was just getting way too depressing.
Oh man. I did a little of this this morning and wow… saw RESIDENTS burning 5+ points on a tag that will be leftover until September. Hell one of the tags was still available until the day of 3rd season

I would LOVE to see the statistic on WHO is making these “mistakes”and have a many times they have done it…..

I’ve been saying it for years, people are playing the system and ever since the made youth draw priority in the secondary draw things have gotten “weirder”…
That scenario only "explains" tags worth zero to 4 points. Many of these are second choice or lower valued tags.

Additionally youth get extra allocation for all antlerless deer elk and pronghorn tags so they frequently draw at a lower value adults

I suppose I understand it as a possibility for an antlered tag at zero to 4 points, but then you're still a year behind in the draw for points next year relative to everyone else?

Last edited:
That scenario only "explains" tags worth zero to 4 points. Many of these are second choice or lower valued tags.

Additionally youth get extra allocation for all antlerless deer elk and pronghorn tags so they frequently draw at a lower value adults

I suppose I understand it as a possibility for an antlered tag at zero to 4 points, but then you're still a year behind in the draw for points next year relative to everyone else?

If you’re sitting at 20 elk points you’re in no-man’s land and you have a kid who wants a tag….

I hope I’m wrong. But like I said, I would love to see who is turning those tags back in on a yearly basis. I bet it’s the same people.

If you’re sitting at 20 elk points you’re in no-man’s land and you have a kid who wants a tag….

I hope I’m wrong. But like I said, I would love to see who is turning those tags back in on a yearly basis. I bet it’s the same people.
The secondary draw needs a total revamping.

No drawn tags for me 2 years in a row. Guess I will be battling every Wednesday morning for reissue tags again. Don’t know if I can put myself through all that heartbreak for a second year in a row haha.

View attachment 278579

View attachment 278580

View attachment 278581

leftover
noun
left·over ˈleft-ˌō-vər

View attachment 278582

This is hilarious 😆

A real swift kick in the scrotum to come back into service after 6 days bear hunting only to find that I managed to not draw a deer tag for the first year since I started applying despite the fact that my 3rd and 4th choices were leftover last year.

I'd wager the reissue/secondary game is going to be a real bloodbath this year between the amount of people that will return tags "because of winterkill", and much higher number of people that didn't draw an anticipated tag and will be on the lookout for one.

Are all 2nd choices looked at before moving on to 3rd and 4th choices? Or do they look at all choices (2,3,4) on the app after all 1st choices are looked at?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back