2023 Colorado draw results Moose/Prong/Elk/Deer

Moose stats are up
I feel very fortunate to have drawn with 3+15. The change 5 years ago to not front the money completely hosed people who had been applying previously. Look at how many applicants there are between 3+0 and 3+2 and how many tags they drew! It all comes down to how low a random number you get assigned when there are now thousands of applicants in the pool.

Elk Archery - that's it.... Couldn't draw a doe pronghorn tag that is typically a second choice tag for a unit that is 98% private. Will be curious to see what the reissues are on this.
Deer, Pronghorn, Moose, and Sheep PP's.
Wife has a doe deer.... that's it.

Interesting stats down south here.
Still at least a avg 35-40% R to 60-65% NR split for draw archery. SOme cases a much higher split to NR.
I believe some of the hunt code allocations were cut by 1/3, but need to dive deeper.

Quick glance - I also saw lower apps up in the NW. Drew an antelope tag i had would have never gotten in any usual year.

We should probably start a thread in the state specific threads if one hasn't already started.

Man the 3rd season deer tag I'm chasing jumped almost 1 1/2 points. Might be time to reconsider that maybe just go 2nd next year.

Looking like I drew a nice hybrid pronghorn tag 😬
Awesome!

Looks like I did also - I forgot I put in for it (one of the ‘new’ hybrid tags this year)

Sisters wedding trip 10/1-5, now a pronghorn tag 10/7-15 and then SIL’s 1st rifle elk tag 10/14-18. The two units are 300 miles apart so I better not be picky.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back