Wyoming pronghorn hunt

nmtaxi

My son, my dad and I headed to Wyoming last Wednesday for a pronghorn hunt. My dad loves to antelope hunt, and after his health took a turn for the worse this summer, we decided to plan a hunt. As usual, we were unsuccessful in the NM draws. With a lot of help from Buzz on this forum, we put together this hunt. My uncle and cousing from South Dakota also met us out there to participate in the festivities.
We woke up Thursday morning to howling winds and cold temperatures. We saw a lot of antelope, but the wind had them pretty skittish. After several blown stalks, and maybe a missed shot or two, my boy connected on a really great buck. He's right at 14", and scores somewhere in the 75" range. It was the biggest buck taken on our hunt.
DSC00519.jpg

The next day was about the same - howling winds and a missed shot or two :rolleyes:. My uncle was able to connect on a small buck. He hasn't sent me any pictures yet.

Finally, Saturday morning was beautiful. No wind and crisp air. It only took about a half hour for me to tag out. This buck is also about 14", and scores somewhere around 72"-73".

DSC00534.jpg

My cousin also filled out first thing in the morning on another small buck. Again - no pics. So now we just had my dad's tag to fill. With him having lung cancer and just finishing up chemo a couple of weeks before, he was not able to make very long stalks. Finding a buck that would cooperate with our situation was not easy. Finally at last light he made a great shot. Not the biggest buck, but it really didn't matter. It was a great time making memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks again Buzz.
DSC00548.jpg

Looks like great fun taxi. Thanks for sharing. Congrats to all of you on nice bucks.

Nice antelope...congratulations.

Looks like you guys had a good time and a great hunt.

VERY NICE!! Glad to see three generations get together and hunt. Good times/memories...

Back