Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming NR Elk Results Posted

Question about the draw odds report..... Im assuming the report has all the #'s for the people that applied for there Second choice even though they possible drew there 1st choice? Im looking at what might be possible for leftovers along with last years report. Does that make sense?

Question about the draw odds report..... Im assuming the report has all the #'s for the people that applied for there Second choice even though they possible drew there 1st choice? Im looking at what might be possible for leftovers along with last years report. Does that make sense?

You really just have to wait. The resident elk draw hasn't happened yet and that will affect leftover license numbers. June 15th is supposed to be the date draw results are available, so at that time or shortly thereafter you will be able to see a list of the leftover licenses. But until then just look at last year's and I'd say it should give you a pretty good idea.

You really just have to wait. The resident elk draw hasn't happened yet and that will affect leftover license numbers. June 15th is supposed to be the date draw results are available, so at that time or shortly thereafter you will be able to see a list of the leftover licenses. But until then just look at last year's and I'd say it should give you a pretty good idea.

yeah I understand that... I guess Im intrigued on the process of how they get to the final # of leftover tags. If you look at last years reports you will see the #'s don't match up for many units, after both the nonresident and resident draws. For example look at unit 117 type 7 cow/calf. there are more leftover tags than if you add up the 1st and 2nd choice apps.

yeah I understand that... I guess Im intrigued on the process of how they get to the final # of leftover tags. If you look at last years reports you will see the #'s don't match up for many units, after both the nonresident and resident draws. For example look at unit 117 type 7 cow/calf. there are more leftover tags than if you add up the 1st and 2nd choice apps.

Because there's no way of knowing how many of those who had it as a second choice were actually issued a tag. They may have drawn their first choice.

my wife and I got very lucky this year. Drew both General Type 1 bull and AND a unit cow tag. We were not guaranteed on either (with less than 30% chance) and we drew all of them. My trick is to always make my wife the party leader and me as the second person. For some reason she is very lucky or every state is trying to have more woman engagement in hunting. This is three years in a row that we have drawn in various states with her always being the party leader.

4 tags to fill this fall so its time to get out and do some scouting.

my wife and I got very lucky this year. Drew both General Type 1 bull and AND a unit cow tag. We were not guaranteed on either (with less than 30% chance) and we drew all of them. My trick is to always make my wife the party leader and me as the second person. For some reason she is very lucky or every state is trying to have more woman engagement in hunting. This is three years in a row that we have drawn in various states with her always being the party leader.

4 tags to fill this fall so its time to get out and do some scouting.
Interesting. We do the same thing just simply because I feel my wife is luckier. Yet she draws a lot tags and we almost always seem to when we do a party app. Maybe you are onto something!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back