MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Muley

mtbowhunter11

This marked my 15 year of heading down into Wyoming to hunt on a good friends ranch. Once again they asked us to go for management bucks, anything that is missing 1 of the 4 typical forks. So I set out to find the best possible management buck that I could find! Day after day the challenge kept growing. All the management deer were being impossible to get on while the 180" typicals would stand broadside at 30-40 yards. On the last night of the hunt we decided to put a stalk on a small 3x4 so we could hopefully get a kill on film and finish our show. Long story short... met the buck on a knob at 3 yards.... he ran off to 50... I shot high. So at this point we are thinking the hunt is over, camera light is done in about 15 minutes anyway so we head back to camp. That next morning we decided to go out while the tagged out guys packed up camp. We glassed and glassed looking for a specific buck that we had scene earlier in the hunt. He was pushing the "management buck" boundaries a little bit but the landowner decided that if I could get on him that last morning that I could take the shot. Everything was just getting tucked into their bedding areas for the day when one last buck appeared... and it was him. He disappeared into a draw that I watched 2 other bucks go in with no sign of any of them coming out. We decided to make a move and hope for the best. There was a big triangle rock on top of the ridge that I wanted to use as a reference and as cover when peeking over to look for the bucks. Well I could go on and tell the rest of the story but I think for now I will just leave you with pictures and you can watch the show when it airs! :) its definitely a show you won't want to miss. I will post a quick video clip later this week or early next week of part of the hunt!

Quick numbers- 176 4/8 gross
26 6/8 wide
5" browtines

Attachments

• IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_7428.jpg
    IMG_7428.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 986
Wow, they must have some amazing animals on that ranch if that is what needs to be culled! Nice job!

Had a look at Chris's buck in person yesterday. Longest browtines I've seen on a muley. great buck. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back