Wyoming legislator upset over Marton Acquisition

USMC123456789

I guess he's all for private property rights unless they sell to Uncle Sam. Don't forget that this created over 75,000 acres of contiguous public lands.

I guess he's all for private property rights unless they sell to Uncle Sam. Don't forget that this created over 75,000 acres of contiguous public lands.

Thanks for sharing.

The only point I can see is that the county won’t receive any more PILT funding because they’ve already maxed out based on population.

He's complaining about a potential loss of 10k in taxes (PILT). It would seem that an increase in public recreation could easily make up for the loss of revenue. Seems like a lot of sniffling.

BLM release on the Martin acquisition, comments are overwhelmingly in favor.
Only 351 individual comments submitted. For 35,600 acres. I’m glad they were overwhelmingly in favor, but that seems embarrassingly low for a project of this magnitude. Seems it wouldn’t take a very strong anti-public movement to turn the tables on something like that, and I find the lack of engagement from “our side” concerning.

Only 351 individual comments submitted. For 35,600 acres. I’m glad they were overwhelmingly in favor, but that seems embarrassingly low for a project of this magnitude. Seems it wouldn’t take a very strong anti-public movement to turn the tables on something like that, and I find the lack of engagement from “our side” concerning.
The deal was already done, probably why there weren't more comments.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back