Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Grizzly Bear Management Plan Meeting

TheDudeAbides

I attended the meeting in Green River this afternoon. I initially put it on my calendar and forgot until an hour and a half before the meeting when my phone reminder reminded me.

I'm pretty sure there might have been more Wyoming game and fish officers than anyone else.

I counted 15 people that weren't wearing red.

Of the people in the room when it came time to comment One vocal person was against the hunting aspect of the plan, one was for the management after living in areas, I stated that I liked the plan because it allows the Bears to be managed like any other species, and another guy who made a comment about money.

I was shocked their weren't more sportsman that attending and sharing their opinion.

Hopefully hunters and sportsman go onto the game and fish website & comment before April 14th deadline.

If you have Tri-State Grizzly Bear Management Plans in your area, please attend and let your voices be heard. The Dark Side has no problem showing up and letting their voices be heard, so we as sportsman need to let our voice be heard on the issue.

Can you post a link to the comment page? I'd be glad to send in my opinion, which is in favor of hunting.

Meetings set during week days right during the work day are probably not going to be very well attended when even ones at night on various subjects don't have a lot of attendance from what has been stated on Forums. It's definitely a lot easier to read the plan and submit comments like Randy mentions in his post.

Meetings set during week days right during the work day are probably not going to be very well attended when even ones at night on various subjects don't have a lot of attendance from what has been stated on Forums. It's definitely a lot easier to read the plan and submit comments like Randy mentions in his post.

You're right. I was lucky, I got off at 3:30 and could make the Green River meeting at 4:00.

The people in Pinedale, probably weren't so lucky with their 11 AM start time.

They will be recording the presentation in Cheyenne tomorrow, for people to watch.

Written comments may be submitted at http://www.regulations.gov. In the Search box, enter Docket Number FWS–R6–ES–2016–0042, and then click on the “Comment Now!” button.

Done. See my comments below. I've always stood on the sidelines and let others do these sort of things, but I want to become more of an advocate for hunting. Feel free to critique my comments if I'm going about this the wrong way.

I am in support of removing the Greater Yellowstone Grizzly Bear from the endangered species list. The current number of grizzlies warrant such a decision. The entire point of putting an animal on the list is to help it recover to numbers that allow its removal. Not doing so goes against the purpose of the endangered list itself. It is my opinion that the recovery of the grizzly bear population in and around Yellowstone National Park can be a great example of what a recovery and removal from the endangered list should look like.

Furthermore, I feel that the hunting of grizzly bears should play an important role in maintaining a healthy population. These bears should be managed at the state level just like any other big game animal. Hunters pay for more than their fair share of conservation and it is important that they be allowed to play a role in the management of grizzly bears.

I attended the meeting in Cody on Monday, it was very well attended. I like the plan and I think that it is going to work well if they are allowed to implement it. I was rather surprised at the number of people attending that were against hunting them, 3 or 4 people stood up and voiced their opinions against it. I think that it is very important that hunters follow thru and comment on the plan, its going to be an uphill battle to allow a hunting season.

Looks like the majority of the comments oppose delisting. Everyone needs to follow Randy's link above and comment in favor of delisting.

Looks like the majority of the comments oppose delisting. Everyone needs to follow Randy's link above and comment in favor of delisting.

There will always be a lot more opposed to delisting bears and wolves than those for it and most are not living in the areas the animals inhabit. It doesn't surprise me that a number of people in Cody would oppose it based on who all is moving in there and building homes that cost in the millions. Nothing against having lots of money, but more than likely the biggest percentage are eco weenies and tree huggers.

Back