Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

This is not only a game and fish issue. There is a dispute about the application of basic property law/trespass - which predates modern G&F regulations for literally centuries.

If you cannot imagine a legitimate reason why a meaningful number of trained professionals don’t see things exactly as you do, I think you have to look in the mirror for the one who is missing the point.
I just feel these “trained” professionals in this case are motivated by other things than upholding the law. I think the DA was persuaded by the landowner to file charges. He basically harassed everyone else trying to enforce his will and no one would agree w him. And I think they are really stretching this law for their benefit to say it’s trespassing to break the plane of their property in the air above their corner. I just don’t see their case as reasonable nor can I see how anyone reasonable person could but I understand there are two sides to every story

I think you missed some sarcasm earlier
Maybe so! I
Who is this Sheriff Archie Roybal and where does he fit in all this?

View attachment 221414
i don’t know if the actual sheriff was involved but their deputies were called multiple times and didn’t issue citations according to the case. In fact one of them said they wouldn’t issue the ticket because the DA wouldn’t prosecute it, which is ironic

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders.”

Sometimes officers forget that they investigate not prosecute.

Am I the only one who thinks a group of Wyoming landowners may try to get together, form some sort of "Ranchers for property rights" group and try to get laws changed to make corner crossing illegal in Wyoming after this?

What a circus. What is this DA's damage. Has public pressure just become too much so she dismissed the charges? Why file them then ask for them to be dismissed.

I know this does not set any legal precedent - but in all practicality it seems Carbon County just threw in the towel? And I would imagine it raised the bar on other county prosecutors wanting to take on a case with similar fact patterns.

Also, as many of us mentioned earlier in this thread - the landowners who try and block access have been the beneficiaries of ambiguity/uncertainty in corner cross legality...do folks think these landowners will stop digging and not get pushy about demanding citations and lawsuits or even legislation given it clearly has the potential to go very badly for them?

One issue I have is consistency, fishing for example. It is 100% legal to float a river across private and fish it, it's also legal to get out of the boat to bypass obstacles. How does that align with this????
In WY specifically, yeah? Maybe in all the other states of the west, too, but not CO. You can float, but you cannot touch the private streambed here, even to get around an obstacle. Speaking of stupid rules lacking common sense...

Money bars 6’ tall, 6’ long, you climb up and walk along the top.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back