Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

I believe that just means that IF anything is taller than 50 feet it must be marked for aircraft. Under 50, not required. Lawyer may twist that around.

I believe that just means that IF anything is taller than 50 feet it must be marked for aircraft. Under 50, not required. Lawyer may twist that around.
Yes, I think a lawyer could twist that section either way. If you are for this, you are going to say that the 50' height was noted because there is an expectation that aircraft will be flying at 50' over the land.

It would be nice to see some of the big-name hunting influencers use their social media presence to really get this out there….. if anybody knows of anyone.

i have a hope some big weight will get thrown behind this. BHA is a great start. i wanna see the likes of rinella and newberg throw their weight and reach too. all the public land advocates - come on anglers. hell, does someone have a direct line to Mr. Chouinard?

let this thing snowball hard as word continues to get out.

i just have a wishful poetic hope, that with the way public land advocacy as broadened over the years, we can make elk mountain ranch realize they've awakened a sleeping giant.
I agree. I'm sure I'm not the only sportsman that will be watching how the various organizations, celebrities, platforms, service providers, or outdoor gear companies do or do not support this effort. All these people and entities like to profit off of DIY/western public land hunters/hunting...so it will be very interesting if they are willing to help. It is not without risk to throw support behind this, but my conservation dollars, subscriptions, and gear choices will definitely be influenced by who steps up and who comes up with excuses.

I'm sure there will be a focus on private property rights, which I am a big advocate of, but I want to see equally hard stances for public property rights...and that will sort the wheat from the chaff IMO.

I'm sure there will be a focus on private property rights, which I am a big advocate of, but I want to see equally hard stances for public property rights...and that will sort the wheat from the chaff IMO.

I’ve been thinking about that aspect too. There will be risk with making a big clear public statement on this and/or throwing dollars in the ring as an organization or for profit company.

Exactly, this is a rare instance of rubber meeting the road - a lot of these big names who have already made huge positive impacts on hunting and advocate for public land can’t shy away from this IMO.

That’s why I brought up Yvon. That dude does not shy away from hardline, risky, stances. Love or hate him, gotta respect him for staying true to what he believes in. and in line with what you said, I’m hoping for the same from a lot of names I currently respect.

It would be nice to see some of the big-name hunting influencers use their social media presence to really get this out there….. if anybody knows of anyone.
Such as the one that owns and operates this site? I would imagine he and the fresh tracks team will get behind this in some way.

quik question, im all for corner crossing somehow, im also a landowner in the country and city,,,

so can i bring charges to every person that steps from the city sidewalk , thru airspace over my lawn , to the other sidewalk, if so why arent a million landowners doing it,

why does this mainly come up during hunting season, is it an issue other times of the year,,,

should everyone band together and have coupke hundred thousand random people charged ,,

when people do this to me i dont feel ive been harmed, but im not to brite,,,

I’d like to read a psychologist’s report on the mental illness that is associated with people that fetishize preventing hunters from stepping over a corner. I’ve tried making similar comparisons in other aspects of my life but I can’t. It’s really weird.

Not exactly true, it’ll be interesting to watch play out. A weak case could be made for civil trespass. Im not a lawyer but landowners do have some right to the airspace above their property.
As to civil trespass... Doesn't the landowner have to show actual damages?

I’d like to read a psychologist’s report on the mental illness that is associated with people that fetishize preventing hunters from stepping over a corner. I’ve tried making similar comparisons in other aspects of my life but I can’t. It’s really weird.
It’s pretty well documented in Finding Nemo.

so can i bring charges to every person that steps from the city sidewalk , thru airspace over my lawn , to the other sidewalk, if so why arent a million landowners doing it,
Probably because "airspace intrusion" in the city has been common practice for hundreds of years, and hardly anyone thinks anything of it. Cars park off the shoulder of the county road with 2 tires on my lawn, dogs being walked by my neighbors crap on my lawn, and if I'm lucky the owner will take 2 steps on to my property and pick it up. Besides being a minor annoyance at times, IDGAF.

Rural property owners in checkerboard and other landlocked public areas have maintained exclusive access to adjacent parcels of public land for about 150 years. The value of their private property, and the business revenue tied to it, is boosted by such exclusive access. Now a very recent development, as in the last 10-15 years, of widespread, accurate, handheld GPS gadgets has allowed public land owners everywhere to access the land they have always owned, and erode the longstanding exclusive access of the private land neighbor (and some of them are whining about it).

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back