Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

I am a little torn on this, would like to know if there intention was to hunt or get a ticket? Would like to make sure this isn't just a guy trying to make a name for himself on some platform as the guy who is fighting "the man". I would like to see tracks and profile on people (did they even have a tag) before I can put more than a few bucks towards a issue. Hopefully someone with knowledge of case at Wy BHA could vouch or acknowledge merits of case to us. Could just be 4 Dbags mad at a limited access unit and got caught trying to cheat. Just remember it may not turn out the way everyone expects/wants on this site so be careful what you wish for...

Whether they had a license or were bird watching is entirely irrelevant. I do hope they did their homework and have good documentation of their path.

I've heard the bird watching is great on Elk Mountain in September.

I am a little torn on this, would like to know if there intention was to hunt or get a ticket? Would like to make sure this isn't just a guy trying to make a name for himself on some platform as the guy who is fighting "the man". I would like to see tracks and profile on people (did they even have a tag) before I can put more than a few bucks towards a issue. Hopefully someone with knowledge of case at Wy BHA could vouch or acknowledge merits of case to us. Could just be 4 Dbags mad at a limited access unit and got caught trying to cheat. Just remember it may not turn out the way everyone expects/wants on this site so be careful what you wish for...

Unfortunately from my perspective if being tried as a corner crossing case the precedent means a lot more to the public than whether or not these guys deserve tresspass convictions.

For better or for worse

Why so negative? This is legit and they were having a great hunting trip until the rich landowner called the DA 15 times in one day to say they were trespassing. How about stepping up and pitching in to get access to your public lands?

Last edited:
Jeff is right, 3 of our board members interviewed the hunters, took their written testimony, etc. We have also had 2 1.5 hour conference calls as well with the hunters.

This alleged trespass charge needs to be taken to court.

This was not a test to get a ticket the hunters have crossed this corner for 2 consecutive years and have had successful hunts both years

They also informed both the sheriff and warden they intended to cross and built a ladder this year

I live in ND and corner crossing isn't an issue because every section line has a public right of way. So forgive my ignorance but the idea that you can't step over a corner from public to public is bananas to me. You never touch their property. They don't own the air, how the heck can it be trespassing?

I bet it won’t take long for UPOM to stick their nose in this, even though they are in Montana, which is quite unfortunate.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back