Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

“There is no contention that defendants acted in a threatening or aggressive manner toward [Eshelman] or employees,” the Judge wrote. “If anything, it was Plaintiff’s employees who harassed Defendants while Defendants were on public lands.”

So when are we going to see a countersuit?
I think the bigger issue is why the WYGF is scared to issue citations. There are depositions in the court case that Iron Bar holdings employees absolutely, without doubt, harassed hunters on multiple occasions on public land.

Its just sad that anyone who owns 160 acres (WYGF definition of a landowner) is allowed to harass hunters with impunity. Its also sad that title 23 hunter harassment is not being enforced at all. A complaint was filed by the Missouri hunters, there were no citations issued because the didn't have enough "proof", like a video, etc.

I would think that court depositions and testimony in court are pretty adequate "proof", for sure enough to cite. I find it appalling that the GF refuses to cite for title 23 hunter harassment in this case. I wonder what other title 23 statutes they think aren't important?

Finally as to this latest article, lets spread the word that we need to be on our best behavior as hunters when we cross corners this fall. IF confronted by a landowner, be nice, take out your phone and record any interactions. If they get rough, be nice, just keep recording. From the tone of the latest stay denial, we will be miles and miles ahead being professional while corner crossing. We've come to far to allow a bunch of hot heads to ruin the gains. I also know the case is 100% headed to the 10th, I'm confident in a favorable outcome.

Finally as to this latest article, lets spread the word that we need to be on our best behavior as hunters when we cross corners this fall. IF confronted by a landowner, be nice, take out your phone and record any interactions. If they get rough, be nice, just keep recording. From the tone of the latest stay denial, we will be miles and miles ahead being professional while corner crossing. We've come to far to allow a bunch of hot heads to ruin the gains. I also know the case is 100% headed to the 10th, I'm confident in a favorable outcome.
While I'll wish for the best, I can't help but think the ones that'll get the most "play" here on the interwebs are going to be some ahole trespassing all over private ground and acting like an idiot. I could also see someone trying to do a fake interaction to make hunters look bad.

I think the bigger issue is why the WYGF is scared to issue citations. There are depositions in the court case that Iron Bar holdings employees absolutely, without doubt, harassed hunters on multiple occasions on public land.
this is what I actually meant. A countersuit in civil court is really up to the hunters, but the WGF really needs to go after the hunter harassment. Someone's gonna get hurt bad one of these days if harassment goes unchecked. In this case, the evidence is clear, highly publicized, and really undeniable. For there not to be citations issued simple advertises that the law is not enforced and hunters are unprotected, fair game.

What was the specific date of the harassment?
What is Wyomings statute of limitation on a misdemeanor hunter harassment.

Google references that Wyoming does not have a statute of limitations.

Last edited:
I suspect this would also make the hunting on his private sections even better as the animal look for a place of refuge.

Whoever wrote that postcard has a significant mental issue.
Hell, if I’d have known old Fred would get so perturbed by a simple, anonymous postcard we could have had gunny sacks of love letters sent his way by Satan and all public hunters to Iron Bar Ranch, Elk Mountain, Wy 82324 🤠

The author says “if corner crossing becomes legal…” Seeing as it’s currently neither legal nor illegal, he is technically correct. This is by far one of the better pieces from the landowner/ranching/private property crowd compared to everything else out there, IMO

The author says “if corner crossing becomes legal…” Seeing as it’s currently neither legal nor illegal, he is technically correct. This is by far one of the better pieces from the landowner/ranching/private property crowd compared to everything else out there, IMO
I think the author sounds confused...it's legal to corner cross in Wyoming.

I would read the summary judgement.

And this.

My question going into this is does this mean that we have to use a corner crossing ladder to get from parcel to parcel? According to Semerad's review, corner crossers must do so without touching the private land or damaging it:

1695396471836.png

My question going into this is does this mean that we have to use a corner crossing ladder to get from parcel to parcel? According to Semerad's review, corner crossers must do so without touching the private land or damaging it:

View attachment 293491
You can just walk across the pin. The only reason the Elk Mountain hunters used a ladder is because Iron Bar employees had constructed a contraption to block public hunters from walking across the pin.

Its just sad that anyone who owns 160 acres (WYGF definition of a landowner) is allowed to harass hunters with impunity. Its also sad that title 23 hunter harassment is not being enforced at all. A complaint was filed by the Missouri hunters, there were no citations issued because the didn't have enough "proof", like a video, etc.

I would think that court depositions and testimony in court are pretty adequate "proof", for sure enough to cite. I find it appalling that the GF refuses to cite for title 23 hunter harassment in this case. I wonder what other title 23 statutes they think aren't important?

I have so little faith that F&G cares about non-landowners. Non-residents are further down the list of gives a whit other than when is time to get more revenues for the budget. Guides and outfitters are favored sons as well. If someone shows you who there are, you should pay attention. WY is for landowners, guides and outfitters.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back