MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Cell Service

ida homer

Will be in unit 93 this weekend lope hunting. Have work and homework to do on the computer. How is the phone service around Kemmerer, La Barge and Kemmerer Reservoir? My carrier is Verizon.

Yeah I checked that out, thanks anyway. Not sure how accurate those are, was wondering if anyone had any first hand info on it.

Like I said I had signal coming down from Fontanelle on the N/S highway 189. Didn't check to see if I had 3G data though.

I don't miss homework...

Cell phone coverage area 93....

So I hunt that area quite a bit, I have Verizon, and I have to say it really depends on where you camp or park as to whether or not you have service. As a rule, Viva Naughton reservoir is the cut off, and if you do have service, it may not be enough to get the internet for your computer. Very sporadic, here you have it, in five feet you don't.

Hope this helps,
Jbo

Like I said I had signal coming down from Fontanelle on the N/S highway 189. Didn't check to see if I had 3G data though.

I don't miss homework...

Sorry, didn't see that part of your message. Good to know, thanks for the info fellas, much appreciated. Homework blows, but online classes are why I'm able to hunt as much as I do. Can't wait to be done, and can't wait till Thursday when we get to our unit!

That map aint even close to accurate. Verizon is hit and miss all over the state, mostly miss if your away from towns.

On the other hand T-mobile works awesome in wyoming because they will roam off of union cellulars towers, union is the phone to have in wyoming (i know that does you no good, just FYI).

I dont know if you can get a union or tmobile air card without a contract but that would be your best bet.

And.... it depends on which phone you may have also. Brother and have two different phones and one will pick up service better than the other in certain areas. Must be the internal antennas?

If you have a newer 4G phone you shouldn't have much of a problem. As most of that area should be 4g. If you are running an old analog phone you are going to have 50/50 if that as far as coverage. If you are running a basic digital phone you wont have the best coverage as well. Since they are phasing them out slowly. A 3G phone (smartphone) you can dial *228 option 2 when you are in the area to get some better service by resetting your roaming settings in the area. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back