Wyoming Bill- HB 0043

"There will be no tags available for the random draw and as a result, under the current demand the number of preference points required to draw a nonresident sheep tag in Area-2 will now be 53 preference points and counting!"

Not sure how anybody can read his nonsense and give it any merit.
“Guy, this is embarrassing.” — Mike Eastman

"There will be no tags available for the random draw and as a result, under the current demand the number of preference points required to draw a nonresident sheep tag in Area-2 will now be 53 preference points and counting!"

Not sure how anybody can read his nonsense and give it any merit.
I don't understand where he gets 53 points?

Please Correct me if I’m wrong. Isn’t the current split on elk, deer, and antelope 86-14 ?

Is this retroactive? I drew cow bison before am I now ineligible to apply for a bull tag in the future?
From what I understand, no(ish) and no. Only retroactive if you are in the 5 year waiting period as of July 1, 2022. Also, it appears the once in a lifetime does not apply to cow bison and moose, or ewe sheep licenses. I may be reading that wrong though.

Apparently no NR will draw an area 2 sheep tag until 2046.

Does anyone on here take Guy Eastman seriously?

i have no problem with the once in a lifetime,,thats totally fair. its the outfitter set asides that got fanangled underhandly on the 90-10 proposal dealings to keep the outfitters happy and go along with the 90-10 proposal.just almost as crooked as utah and sfw i say

i have no problem with the once in a lifetime,,thats totally fair. its the outfitter set asides that got fanangled underhandly on the 90-10 proposal dealings to keep the outfitters happy and go along with the 90-10 proposal.just almost as crooked as utah and sfw i say
They had to buy off WYOGA somehow, that shows you who runs things

Did you just make up the outfitter set-asides or did Guy tell you that?

Addressing the one in a lifetime piece; OIAL is bad for conservation.

What’s the best way to get people to spend their hard earned $$$ on conservation? Give them a chance to hunt the species, even if it’s minuscule after they burn their points and wait whatever time period before being able to reapply, etc. Once a hunter harvests their OIAL they, and their money, move on to other states/areas/species.

OIAL just increases the appearance of fairness. It essentially has no impact on draw odds. There are more effective ways to increase draw odds than making tags OIAL (like screwing the NRs who have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on points by changing the rules).

From what I understand, no(ish) and no. Only retroactive if you are in the 5 year waiting period as of July 1, 2022. Also, it appears the once in a lifetime does not apply to cow bison and moose, or ewe sheep licenses. I may be reading that wrong though.
Yep, if you are currently in the 5 year wait period, you are now in the one and done club; 1> ∞

As I applied @35 times before I drew my '19 19 sheep tag at 57 years, I am verklempt that I can never apply again and experience that annual disappointment. I will revere and make a toast to my Ram every morning...FB_IMG_1604984329714.jpg

Back