Wyoming Bill- HB 0043

Not if you are a resident of Wyoming.
Can't blame the residents for seeing their odds skyrocket upwards. Lets see, a few dozen Big 3 tags, carry the 10, square the root and wow, your odds went from 1 in 250 to 1 in 243 in a typical Big 3 unit. Awesome. You will be hunting in no time. And, you get to hang out with more locals. That relative that moved away for work in another state was not your favorite anyway so screw them, too. Locals will support paying a bit more to make up the shortfall for the tags now selling for less at the resident rate. Awesome.

Can't blame the residents for seeing their odds skyrocket upwards. Lets see, a few dozen Big 3 tags, carry the 10, square the root and wow, your odds went from 1 in 250 to 1 in 243 in a typical Big 3 unit. Awesome. You will be hunting in no time. And, you get to hang out with more locals. That relative that moved away for work in another state was not your favorite anyway so screw them, too. Locals will support paying a bit more to make up the shortfall for the tags now selling for less at the resident rate. Awesome.
Are we supposed to feel bad for you? Your money has gotten you more and better hunts than most of us will ever see. You probably sacrificed to make that happen. I sacrifice to live and work in WY.

Tell the 900+ additional residents that will be hunting moose, sheep, goat and bison over the next 10 years it's no big deal...I tend to think they'll disagree.

Good on Wyoming for doing this. More states will follow. I can see both sides of it.

Are we supposed to feel bad for you? Your money has gotten you more and better hunts than most of us will ever see. You probably sacrificed to make that happen. I sacrifice to live and work in WY.
I agree, and think CO should follow suit to some degree.

That being said, I predict there will be a push to 0% for the big three.

This does nothing for draw odds all things considered.

Curious to what you and @BuzzH have to say, will the thirst be slaked or will we have another allocation reduction in 10 years?

I agree, and think CO should follow suit to some degree.

That being said, I predict there will be a push to 0% for the big three.

This does nothing for draw odds all things considered.

Curious to what you and @BuzzH have to say, will the thirst be slaked or will we have another allocation reduction in 10 years?
I would defer to Buzz, JM, or mulecreek, but my perception is that there would not be the political appetite to go after another allocation reduction for the big five in that timeframe.

Is this retroactive? I drew cow bison before am I now ineligible to apply for a bull tag in the future?

It really sucks when you know the “rules of the game” and decide to participate and then the rules change and there is nothing you can do. States can do what they want but should have to reimburse any hunters that chose to not participate any longer. Reimburse money spent on preference points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back