Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Bighorn sheep

Great ram Pam, congrats again!

Thank you sir, you know how much luck was involved in getting a decent ram on public lands there. I was very fortunate to have access to the landlocked parcels I did and I am very grateful to have taken him.
I've been trying to reaching out to another sheep hunter with info as I get it. Nice rams around just hard to catch them in the right spot. If they start staging with ewes towards end of Oct.hunting will be easier for the remaining tag holders.

Couple more pics of the pack out and the area. Me with the ram for some perspective, spouse doesn't do social media at all so that's why I never post my pic. I think the look on my face shows how emotional the hunt was for me, by that time I was drained and hauling the head out after nearly did me in even though we had it pretty easy as sheep hunting goes.
Very thankful that Darroll Bennett has agreed to do the mount for me, he has retired but as of now has at least 4 Wyoming bighorns in his shop from this year to work on. I believe he's one of the best taxidermists in the state and we'll miss his work.

DSCN2915 (1200x900).jpgDSCN2964 (1200x900).jpgDSCN2991 (1200x900).jpgDSCN2901 (1200x900).jpg

The state land they were bedding on is over the top of the ridge with the smaller juniper trees to the left.

Amazing non-typical bighorn country for mid October. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

PS: May I confess that I've always read your posts with a combo west Texas/Wyoming drawl, but after seeing your picture, I'm gonna have to pitch your voice an octave higher. Congratulations again

Amazing non-typical bighorn country for mid October. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

PS: May I confess that I've always read your posts with a combo west Texas/Wyoming drawl, but after seeing your picture, I'm gonna have to pitch your voice an octave higher. Congratulations again

Funny that's how my friends up here describe my accent. Family in Texas says it's gone and folks up here say I still have it.

Wow I don’t wander in the Big Three forum very often but I’m glad I popped in. Great animal a dream come true!

Back