Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming - Area 68

As some have mentioned make sure you have onx or a gps with a chip. There are a few tricky spots so be careful. If you even see a sliver of private that crosses the road do not cross it or you may end up with a trespassing citation.

There are plenty of goats and lots and lots of country to look over. The eastern (dry creek) and northern (beaver rim) will have the most concentration of hunters. There are roads everywhere and most hunters will never leave them. After the first few days don't be afraid to get out of the truck and peak into the big draws, climb a knob to glass, or walk to the harder to reach areas. Feel free to PM me if you would like a few places to start. Good luck....

Never hunted it but I drove through it last year. I coulda killed multiple 75”+ bucks with a slingshot from the road. I’d save points for that unit if I didn’t have the bug to chase lopes every year.

HI Everyone... Im jumping on this thread to see how the OP did on his hunt last year. I am thinking of applying for 68 this year. What is a realistic goal of trophy size on a 3 or 4 day hunt in 68?

That is the consensus I am gathering. I have heard lots of numbers just be selective and you will find a good one. We are coming from Texas and due to time constraints I think flying is going to be the only option. Planning on renting a car and still doing research on which city to stay in to give me the best advantage I.E. Rawlins, Alcova or Jeffrey City.
Two nice campgrounds in Alcova, Jeffrey city has nothing, Rawlins & Casper are both kind of far to travel everyday. We deer hunted deer E in that area sevetal years back & camped on blm. The eastern border of 68 has a county road that you will be able to access 69 blm lands from.
Like was said, lots of nice lope bucks.
Best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back