Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Antelope with 9 points for 2022

No telling what that will even get you next year. Several hunt codes creeped up, if you want to call it creep, 3 points this season over last. A ton creeped up 2 points.

Last edited:
Start doing research. Eastmans Tag Hub,MRS, Guys Top Antelope Units, GoHunt, Huntin' Fool, forums, Wyoming Game & Fish Website, etc. You can do a lot of "digital" scouting and research. Get familiar with the blue chip areas and how many points it took this year to draw them. Narrow it down to 3-5 areas, then start really researching those areas to find the best hunt for you.
I burned 9 points this year and drew a tag in an area that took 8 points last year so point creep is happening. You can always apply Special Draw to up your chances as well. WY also issued less tags this year due to things like winterkill and drought. During my research I looked at several areas and learned about things like:
% of public land available
Trophy Quality
Topography
Walk in and Management areas
Is there lodging nearbye?
Is there good fishing nearbye?
Nearest meat processor and taxidermist?
Where can I get things like ice, food, gas?
In the end, I learned everything I could about 4 areas, then called the biologist assigned to each one (they were all amazingly helpful). Ultimately, I applied for the one that checked the most boxes.

You keep editing zones so i will change my answer: 1,2,3,4 and then 5 in that order

Last edited:
I can verify that one of those units mentioned saw point creep this year. Historically, I had enough points to draw this year but it got drawn out at a higher point level. Kind of worked out that my FIL and grand-FIL also struck out as residents.

We'll try again next year.

How dare you wait that long to try and draw a tag some poor starving Wyoming resident would like to have

honestly good luck in your search, I’m hoping to cash in 8 points next year

Just about any unit in WY can and will produce “trophy” class pronghorn. What your points are getting you is more public land to access and a little less competition more than anything else. Use gohunt or something like that and play around with it and figure out what suits you.

I burned 9 this year on 68. Hunting the first week in October. Hit me up after Oct 12th and I will be glad to share my experience.

I tried for three years to draw a unit that was right on the border of our groups average. Failed each year. This year we dropped down a couple points and were successful. Be careful though. some of those units had pretty drastic tag cuts this year and some of the others are due for cuts either next year or the following. The unit we are in will likely see a reduction in tags next year due to the drought. Some south central units had tag reductions this year due to the winter weather (I think that was why).

Back