Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

wyoming antelope unit 113

whoppy16

used my points last year,looking for 2nd chance draw on unit 113 west of kaycee.anyone have any experience in unit. thanks

Access to public is really tough. There's somewhere around 80,000 acres of BLM in the middle of the unit completely landlocked by private. I took 4 nephews there a few years ago. I wanted a sure thing for them so I lined up a ranch a year ahead of time but when we got there a big group was already camped there. That left us with few options. We found a little public access and filled all our tags but it wasn't the Wyoming experience I had in mind for the nephews. They didn't care, they had a blast. For that unit I would get the landowner list from G&F and pay for access to the 80,000 acres that are landlocked.

Old thread, I know, but was looking at the leftover list this year and noticed there are a few leftovers in 113. Anybody accessed it from the southern boundary of the unit (State Road 387)? Looks like if you were willing to hump it, quite a bit of BLM and state land.

I've never hunted 113, but there is enough accessible public land you can hunt from 387 over to the southeast part of the unit and coming down 387 you can go north off of it on BLM 116 into the unit, as well as a couple other spots down around Edgerton and Midwest where 387 hits BLM land. Those areas should be plenty of land to do a decent hunt, especially if you want to get out and do a lot of walking. That's the way I like to hunt them because you can see so many more doing that when you can't see them from a road with the terrain changes that hide them and they get smart when the hunting starts. There were 200 tags for 113-1 that runs 10/1-10/31 and there are only 16 of those tags left. However, 113-2 that runs from 10/11-10/31 also had 200 tags and there are still 146 of those left. There were also 350 doe tags available for the entire unit and there are still 300 of them left. If a person wants to hunt antelope on leftovers, I'd get buck tags for 113-2 and some doe tags and go out to hunt that season. You should fill all your tags and I'd bet the crowds won't be bad by then either.

Last edited:
I couldn't resist, snatched up one of the 113-1 licenses left over. I guess I'll find out how the hunting is down on the south part on the unit.

I'll be heading to Wyoming in about 2.5 months with tags for antelope, muley, and cow elk :D Hopefully I'll get to shoot something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back