Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Antelope Hunt???

hunter57

I am looking for information about Hunting Antelope as a Non-resident in Wyoming. Looking for a good public unit or a good Land Owner that gives free access or charges a small fee to hunt on their property. Looking for an area in Central to Southern part of the State and towards the West side if that is possible. I will be traveling from Oregon and would like to mininize the travel time. It will be for at least 2 if not 4 people.

Thank You ahead of time!!!

Robin

Welcome to this site. If you need info on WY. here is a place to start, just like all of us you have to do some homework on your own before you start asking someone else for their areas that they have worked to get information on.
Not trying to be harsh but a lot of guys here aren't into giving info to just anybody, especially someone in their first post. Go back on old post and you might pick up some info
http://gf.state.wy.us/index.asp.

Maybe someone else will help you with more specifics.
Good Luck
Robert

On my Own....

I usually do it all on my own but for some reason I thought that this forum was just for what I was asking for.. But I guess not. I will again look to myself to get it done. At least the information I will get will be accurate. Thanks for the help!! be sure to ask for my help in Oregon!!!

goto the resources tab on this site, you can get a lot of information just from there. Also, my 2 cents, there is a lot of public land in Wyoming, and there is a lot of antelope in Wyoming. You will have a great time even if you do not hunt private land. The south and central portion of Wyoming can be harder to draw and may require preference points. Too late this year, but start buying the preference points. Have a back up unit in mind when you apply.

Easy boys! I hunted Wyoming for antelope for the first time this year. It seemed there were antelope, and public land everywhere. I would first get a map of the antelope units in Wyoming. Next check the draw odds, and sucess rates for interesting units. The BLM owns lots of good antelope country. Access and property lines can be very confusing. I bought a new Garmin 450 along with the Wyoming Plat Sd card for it. I wouldn't attempt to hunt the western states with out it anymore. It gave me almost complete confidence in my hunt. Good luck, Wyoming seemed very friendly to this traveling hunter.

check the WYG&F site for draw odds. Most of the western units require points for bucks unless you are lucky but there are units that you can pick up a couple doe tags to learn a unit and or just pick up some meat and go on a relaxing and fun hunt. As I understand it there are some eastern units that you can get a buck tag with no points. I've also been told that you can get a B&C buck in any unit in WY. If you really want to go next year apply for a unit out west that appeals to you as a first choice then go for the slam dunk unit out east as a second choice. you will get your points and get to hunt that way. good luck!

I usually do it all on my own but for some reason I thought that this forum was just for what I was asking for.. But I guess not. I will again look to myself to get it done. At least the information I will get will be accurate. Thanks for the help!! be sure to ask for my help in Oregon!!!

Quit your whining....the answers you seek are within your grasp with a little research and work on your behalf...have a nice day

Download the 2011 Wyoming Hunting Guide. Unit by unit breakdown which really helps. Like you I'm planning for 2012. Good luck.

JohnCushman how about those Broncos. As a fan it pains me to watch.

Area72 near Casper had a lot of bucks and does last week when I was there. I filled 2 doe tags just learning the area. And I agree get a GPS and a PLATT chip. If a guy from Jersey can find some anyone can LOL

Thanks 5Speedjim.... If you need anything from Oregon let me know!!! I will help you out...

Easy boys! I hunted Wyoming for antelope for the first time this year. It seemed there were antelope, and public land everywhere. I would first get a map of the antelope units in Wyoming. Next check the draw odds, and sucess rates for interesting units. The BLM owns lots of good antelope country. Access and property lines can be very confusing. I bought a new Garmin 450 along with the Wyoming Plat Sd card for it. I wouldn't attempt to hunt the western states with out it anymore. It gave me almost complete confidence in my hunt. Good luck, Wyoming seemed very friendly to this traveling hunter.
Thank you for the information... that was what I was looking for... Just a direction to head... :)

Duh? That made no sense at all. If you were shooting for a witty insult or something like that, it was an epic fail. Try again, sweetheart. Meanwhile, I'll be doing my research on hunting Wyoming and other states....

can you tie me up an antelope while your out there next season and tell me where he is...I'll research how to get to that spot

I use eastmans MRS because they show trophy quality, access, percentage of public, etc. Then I check the draw odds at WGFD website to see how many points it takes in the random and special draws. With only a couple points you can draw some pretty good units. In the meantime I would hunt some lesser units as my 2nd choice and gain points. I would highly recommend a GPS with units and land ownership software because the antelope know where the private land is.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back