Wyoming antelope draw posted

Revharvey9576

Haha...caught you looking.

In all seriousness, when is your guess that results will be available? (Yes I know it says the 20th but it's usually earlier)

My guess is tomorrow the 15th...I hope!!

I'm a pessimist so I think it will be Friday. I hope I'm wrong and you're right. The sad part is, with the online system they could probably post it an hour after the deadline. I think they wait just to aggravate us. Good luck to everyone.

My pick is Thursday. I keep checking the State Auditor refunds too.

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see the point creep this year as I think a lot of folks will be trying to purge points. Good luck!

Hope your wrong Baerman.I have my son in for a decent antelope hunt that he had 100% odds for last year with his points.And, I'm hoping to draw my deer tag,but put in the extra special tag fee to hopefully guarantee that

My buddy and I burnt 3.5 points on unit 27. There's better units, but we're tired of playing the points game. At least the tag count is low and the public land abundant. Not having to deal with crowds is worth my points. I'll try to find one that I like and be happy.

The other two guys in our group will be hunting zero point units next door. That'll be the usual rat race and sketchy public land. It'll still be fun.

My buddy and I burnt 3.5 points on unit 27. There's better units, but we're tired of playing the points game. At least the tag count is low and the public land abundant. Not having to deal with crowds is worth my points. I'll try to find one that I like and be happy.

The other two guys in our group will be hunting zero point units next door. That'll be the usual rat race and sketchy public land. It'll still be fun.

Don't underestimate the quality for any unit. This is going to be a super horn year and any unit in Wyoming is capable of producing a trophy antelope.

I hear ya on the points. It is only going to get worse, too. If Wyoming goes to a 10 percent cap, then it is going to be a tough draw.

Don't underestimate the quality for any unit. This is going to be a super horn year and any unit in Wyoming is capable of producing a trophy antelope.

I hear ya on the points. It is only going to get worse, too. If Wyoming goes to a 10 percent cap, then it is going to be a tough draw.

I'll try to be patient. I've only killed 4 bucks to date, none of which are giants. My judging skills are marginal at best.

We decided to not get deep into any points for any species. Elk points will get dumped next year. After that, bank 1-2 and that's it. There's far too many good western hunts that don't take 5-10 years to enjoy.

This^^^^^

I shot a 15" buck last year in a leftover tag unit after finding a place that was multiple miles from where you could drive. Priority in Wyoming does not buy you big antelope, it buys you lots of land to hunt public and in theory be picky about what you shoot.

If someone wants a big Antelope buying a landowner tag in NM is the quickest or building PP's for AZ probably won't end up being worse than building WY pts for a red desert unit unless you are sitting on near max points right now.

In my opinion part of the beauty of antelope is how similar a representative 12-14" buck looks to the untrained relative to a deer or elk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back