MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming antelope draw posted

This^^^^^

I shot a 15" buck last year in a leftover tag unit after finding a place that was multiple miles from where you could drive. Priority in Wyoming does not buy you big antelope, it buys you lots of land to hunt public and in theory be picky about what you shoot.

If someone wants a big Antelope buying a landowner tag in NM is the quickest or building PP's for AZ probably won't end up being worse than building WY pts for a red desert unit unless you are sitting on near max points right now.

In my opinion part of the beauty of antelope is how similar a representative 12-14" buck looks to the untrained relative to a deer or elk.

That's much of the reason why I'm not going to play that points game in WY. Between myself and few other guys we've killed a few dozen antelope over 4 trips. All on 100% draw tags. We've just always had to hunt patchwork land.

This^^^^^

I shot a 15" buck last year in a leftover tag unit after finding a place that was multiple miles from where you could drive. Priority in Wyoming does not buy you big antelope, it buys you lots of land to hunt public and in theory be picky about what you shoot.

If someone wants a big Antelope buying a landowner tag in NM is the quickest or building PP's for AZ probably won't end up being worse than building WY pts for a red desert unit unless you are sitting on near max points right now.

In my opinion part of the beauty of antelope is how similar a representative 12-14" buck looks to the untrained relative to a deer or elk.

You are on the money. A 13-14-inch average antelope buck is not much less impressive on the wall than a B&C monster. They are different than a deer or elk. A puny deer or elk does not look worth the taxidermy fee compared to a mediocre antelope.

You are also on the money about the NM tag. The hunts there stink, though, in that they are only two or three days. If you want the best shot at a trophy and want to do it quickly, then there is no place like NM.

Back