MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming and Colorado antelope

BuzzH

Oak and I thought we'd just post a bunch of pictures of some antelope we've taken lately.

I found this buck yesterday while hunting with Oak and was able to get him. Its a good antelope and I'm pretty happy to get him.
Resize%20of%20IMGP0436.JPG

I also took two doe antelope with my muzzleloader, one at 72 yards and the other at 94 yards. These are the first big-game animals I've ever taken with a muzzleloader. I only have pictures of one right now, but I'll post photos of the other one later tonight.

mldoe1.JPG

Oak, jump in with your pictures, they're worth a look. ;) :cool:

Buzz came down to Colorado 4 weeks ago and helped me chase the elusive doe antelope. I managed to bag two in about three hours to start the 2004 season off right.

04_antelope_1.jpg

04_antelope_2.jpg

Last Friday Buzz, Doug and gave it a go in Wyoming. While we had the spotting scopes set up and were doing some glassing, I spotted a mountain lion making his way across the hillside in the distance of the picture below. Classic mountain lion habitat. :rolleyes:

Mountain_lion_hill.jpg

After some good hiking and glassing, we spotted a good buck bedded near a herd of does. He was kinda hard to judge, but had really good mass. We decided that somebody needed to shoot him, so Buzz and I took off, with Doug watching from a distance. After a classic antelope stalk of about 45 minutes, including a good belly crawl through a field of prickly pear cactus, I managed a 200-250 yard shot on this fellow.

04_WY_Antelope.jpg

Here’s all three of us with my buck.

Resize_of_Re_exposure_of_04_antelope_with_Buzz_and_Doug.jpg

Hopefully a trip back to WY in the next week or two will net me my last antelope of 2004.

Just how much Jerky can you guys eat???? :D

Congrats on the hunts. 'Lopes are about one of the best ways to spend a September day...
:cool: Hey Buzz,
Just exactly where were you aiming on that Doe?? Trying not to waste any meat??? ;)

EG,

That doe looks like it was shot in the head, but it wasnt.

I was trying to hit it in the shoulder as it was quartering toward me. I shot just a pinch forward and got it through the base of the neck.

I tell you what though, a 295 grain powerbelt ahead of 100 grains of triple 7 puts the hurt on antelope. :eek:

The second one I shot, broke the near shoulder and exited about 3 inches behind the off shoulder. It went about 20 yards and did a nice flip over the sagebrush.

Some pretty powerful looking pronghorn hunting going on there. Congratulations! So, what is Doug going to shoot, or did he shoot already?

Congrats to you both.Hey Oak! I know back home in Arizona them Lion's get pushed out of the mountains because of the lack of game and or they are just migrating from one range to another.
Picture the desert country near Tombstone and picture a bear track out in the middle of that desert,yep!classic bear country hahahha! Daniel

Heres the picture of my second antelope doe with a muzzleloader. I'm kind of liking the muzzleloader deal and how they perform.

mldoe2.JPG

Congrats buzz and the rest of the guys......you guys are having a fantastic season so far !!
hump.gif

Buzz and Oak congrats on the goats- nice mass on those speedsters!! Had to laugh about the "lion country"...they just popped one Saturday afternoon (immature male of around 75#) in the backyard of a place around the corner from our house. We average a "town cat" about once every other year...guess poodles make for a nice snack!

Great job team mates ;)

Good looking pronghorns :D

Looks like we will be sneaking up on Oscar...I will help out shortly!

Congrats again!!

I went up this morning and filled my last antelope tag. Another trophy doe.

Resize_of_04_WY_Doe_Ant.jpg

Oak

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back