Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming 2022 draw results!!!!

Large party apps were the problem as I expected seeing us both strike out - I really don't think its appropriate to have a swing like this - this is nearly bait and switch. Wyoming also needs to work on their math as this is bizarre. Also I think I see why alot of people aren't drawing:
A total of 20 tags were issued for a unit that normally issues ~23 NR and was not slated for decreases.

2 tags for ~150 applicants in the random draw (compare 17% draw odds based on first prefs last year)
1 tag for ~55 applicants in the special draw - this compares to 9 last year (75% odds)

In the Random PP Draw there were 9 tags this year, a 17% draw odd based on first prefs - but the points level jumped to min 3 (from non-zero 0pt) and even then you were only 27% chance.

Quota of 5, 8 Issued in Special PP draw - minimum jumped from 0 to 2 pt level - but 9 applicants somehow works out to be a 55% draw chance? I'm fairly sure a math degree can't imagine how those numbers work.

Sigh. Irony that I am nearly better odds of drawing elk in MI than I am in a low tier Antelope unit in Wyoming this year.

Last edited:
Happy to see a lot of success among Hunt Talkers. No Wyoming luck for me, but kind of expected that outcome given my point totals and the units I applied for.

Matthew decided to get serious about shedding his Wyoming points. He burned max deer points and double-digit pronghorn points.
Good! I wanted to see some more WY hunts on the show!

Guys hoping you can help me out, I draw an any antelope tag and when I go to my user profile under hunters safety it lists none found. I do have my MN hunters safety so is there a place to enter that in somewhere? I can't seem to find it anywhere, PM me if you can help, that way we don't derail this thread.

Thanks

Guys hoping you can help me out, I draw an any antelope tag and when I go to my user profile under hunters safety it lists none found. I do have my MN hunters safety so is there a place to enter that in somewhere? I can't seem to find it anywhere, PM me if you can help, that way we don't derail this thread.

Thanks

doesn't matter. just have it with you when you go hunting.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back