MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

Up to the commission now, still has to go through the public process.

I think there will be winners and losers in that deal, if it passes.
I thought that had all ready been approved by the commission? Has it not can we still push back on that?

A question was asked at the last task force meeting, “rather than have an outfitter draw why not just increase the non-resident special license cost by 50%. Wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing?”

50% wouldn’t deter me in the least.
Not at all and selfishly I hope they do. Better chance of me getting a tag then Im all for it. Maybe it will price people out and they leave the point the game all together. I know it sounds crappy but it is what it is. Not sorry.

I have no problem with supply and demand regulating price. There is still so much ample opportunity to hunt big game as a non resident. Why do you need a tag that allows taking of an animal with horns anyways? Make those special elk tags 5k. Make the special deer and lope 3k. Then after the draw reset them all back down to what's required to sell em out.

$100 per preference point isn’t something new.
Arizona averages out to around 100 per year for a point for elk. Colorado is now over $100 for an elk point for a NR now that you have to buy a qualifying license. I don’t think applications have slowed down in either of those states.
I don’t like paying more money to do this stuff but I can honestly say $100 pp and special price tags in Wyoming won’t stop me from trying to go there.

Not at all and selfishly I hope they do. Better chance of me getting a tag then Im all for it. Maybe it will price people out and they leave the point the game all together. I know it sounds crappy but it is what it is. Not sorry.
I think what would happen if that were implemented is over the next few years we wouldn't see much of a change. But everyone who was in the point game and got a tag would ask if they want to start the process over again. That is a different decision. If you have 5-10 pts maybe you think stay in, but once you get a tag would you start over building points. The long-term impacts are hard to estimate.

$1500 for a tag doesn't seem crazy to me as this fall my wife and I spent more than that for our three tags we received....just saying...red is up front, green is refunds.

Screenshot_20220808-213154_Sheets.jpg

I am all for some price raises but if costs are going to go up as much as some here imply, I'd sure like to see something besides fewer critters and worsening draw odds in the coming years.

I appreciate WY residents' argument that they shouldn't have to fund the other 49's hunting experiences, and I do believe they're leaving money on the table regarding most if not all tags. But if the barrier to entry truly need be that high, I think we'd all like to see some things start to get better instead of worse over time.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back