MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WYO PP Bill (SF085)

Maybe we can even convince WyGF to stop killing does/fawn mule deer while we are at it....

Here is my version of reality:

Neither system is going to increase the number of tags, so on the average, your chances of drawing are the same. The preference point system provides predictability (I know when I am likely to draw, so I can plan my vacation).

It also favors the prepared. If you plan ahead, save money (or points), vote for preference points. If you cannot be bothered to send in the application on years that you will not draw, vote for the random draw.

Ants for preference points, grasshoppers for the random draw.

Though I'm not, if I were a resident of WY I'd be against this and against any waiting period for applying. A purely random draw every year is as fair as fair gets IMO.

Though I play the game by putting in for multiple states, the bonus/preference point games are tiresome...

I don't mind the PP/Bonus point game in the states I'm a Non-Res. I lik to "plan my vacation" around those hunts in other states. I don't want to plan my vacation around PP's in my home state. This Grasshopper wants the same opportunity as every other tax paying citizen in this great state.

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Thanks for the heads up guys. I sent a letter of to our local senator, he hasn't responded yet. I agree with the others on this site that think the current system, although not perfect is way more fair than a preference point system. Our resident point system that is in place for trophy game works great if you started at the very begining, but if you missed the first year you basically don't have a chance.

I don't mind the PP/Bonus point game in the states I'm a Non-Res. I lik to "plan my vacation" around those hunts in other states. I don't want to plan my vacation around PP's in my home state. This Grasshopper wants the same opportunity as every other tax paying citizen in this great state.
-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com
...and this Grasshopper wants the same opportunity as every other 'major' funder of the WY F&G. ;) :D

Now if they'd just do something about that pesky NR restriction on wilderness areas... :rolleyes:

I think the even more pressing issue than the NR wilderness restriction is the Landowner licenses.

That really needs to be revisited. I dont think a landowner license should be valid on public lands, only private. There also needs to be a limit of no more than 1-2 per hunting unit. Landoowner tags should be applied for, preference points should have to be purchased, etc.

Time for the free ride to end.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I sent a letter of to our local senator, he hasn't responded yet. I agree with the others on this site that think the current system, although not perfect is way more fair than a preference point system. Our resident point system that is in place for trophy game works great if you started at the very begining, but if you missed the first year you basically don't have a chance.

DING DING! Winner of a chicken dinner! You don't need a crystal ball. Look at CO for your future if resident PP's becomes the law of the land.

Last edited:
I think the even more pressing issue than the NR wilderness restriction is the Landowner licenses.

That really needs to be revisited. I dont think a landowner license should be valid on public lands, only private. There also needs to be a limit of no more than 1-2 per hunting unit. Landoowner tags should be applied for, preference points should have to be purchased, etc.

Time for the free ride to end.
Maybe more pressing to a Resident... :D

Maybe more pressing to a Resident... :D

Why? Under current rules, landowners can receive 100% of the tags issued in a unit. That hurts residents and non-residents. Non-resident allocations are calculated after landowner tags are removed from the total allocation.

Not long, they were heard in Committee a couple weeks ago. Just a couple guys testifying in Committee, which is pretty fuggin' pathetic considering the number of hunters in Wyoming.

I'd send something now on the PP bill if you're going to, make sure you know who your reps are.

I think if the WY residents think the point system will be so bad they should have thought that way when they enacted it on the NR, and did something about it

...who says they didnt?

The asshats in the Senate/House are good at not reading emails and listening to phone messages...returning a call is completely out of the question.

...who says they didnt?

The asshats in the Senate/House are good at not reading emails and listening to phone messages...returning a call is completely out of the question.

My guess is you were one of a very few who did anything to try and stop the NR point system. Thanks for trying though

I kinda like the NR point system for deer, antelope, and elk as it allows me plan my hunts better. However, it has and will prevent me from ever worrying about sheep, moose, and goats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back