MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

wyo elk

oleefish2

This is my elk from central Wyoming taken on 10/10 with a 1917 springfield 30 06 250 yards on the run with 150 hornaday. I also filled my cow tag and my friend got a smaller
6x6. My friend did not want his piscture shown and so he got a black face.

1010111635a-1.jpg

olefish

Wow, whenever I see open country like that - it makes me drool... NW MT and the regs against thinning has me in the thick most of my hunt - excited to see a small park and hoping that speck has a passer by...
Grats on your hunt! and a cow to boot! Doesn't get much better then that.

congrats....is your friend "wanted" on the internet or something? great bull

Congrats on a nice bull!

is your friend "wanted" on the internet or something?
Is that Dick Chenney?...must be a political figure of some kind. Politicians always have to watch their backs.

Congrats on a nice bull!

Is that Dick Chenney?...must be a political figure of some kind. Politicians always have to watch their backs.

Na he just does not like computers, and I respect his not wanting to be seen except by famuliy or friends. Also he could wip a truck load of gorilas (not a good guy to piss off).

Wow, whenever I see open country like that - it makes me drool... NW MT and the regs against thinning has me in the thick most of my hunt - excited to see a small park and hoping that speck has a passer by...
Grats on your hunt! and a cow to boot! Doesn't get much better then that.

It was an interesting stock, it took about 2 hours to work our way into a spot we could shoot froom.

It was an interesting stock, it took about 2 hours to work our way into a spot we could shoot froom.

Agree - I bet that would be a difficult stalk. Suppose a bit more testy then speed goats... though they wind me and there is no shot with all the trees.

Grats again!

Agree - I bet that would be a difficult stalk. Suppose a bit more testy then speed goats... though they wind me and there is no shot with all the trees.

Grats again!

We guessed that there were at least 150 elk = 150 nodes, 300+ eyes, and ears

The cool thing about this elk it was laying 2 feet off a 2 track road. If you look on the left side of the picture you can make out the trail. So an hour and a half of stalking to kill one on a drivable trail. None of the 3 elk were more than 20 yards from the trail.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back