Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

WYBHA donates to accessyes

BuzzH

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers donation to Game and Fish enhances public access in Wyoming

6/8/2015

CHEYENNE - A donation by Backcountry Hunters & Anglers to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department’s popular “Access Yes” program will expand the acreage open to access for sportsmen who hunt and fish in the Cowboy State.

AccessYes is a funding mechanism that helps pay for Wyoming’s walk-in, hunter management areas and easements. Part of the Private Lands Public Wildlife program, the walk-in and hunter management areas are partnerships between landowners and hunters and anglers. Building these relationships supports existing and expanded sportsmen’s access to productive fish and wildlife habitat located on privately owned lands.

“The Wyoming chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is committed to supporting Game and Fish’s AccessYes program, which provides hunter access to nearly 3 million acres of private, state and federal lands,” said Buzz Hettick, who lives in Laramie and is co-chair of BHA’s Wyoming chapter. “The program also provides 98 stream miles and more than 3,700 acres of pond/reservoir access for anglers. Sportsmen have a vested interest in making certain this valuable program continues to thrive.”

full story here:

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1002674.aspx

Good to hear. Wish CO had a big game access program like that or block management. I doubt we ever will, given our out of control transferable voucher program.

Thank you Buzz! I've hunted these walkin areas for antelope and elk in the past. I appreciate all you have done to support this great program!

Must have been more than a dollar, because they haven't done a press release for my regular contributions.

Good stuff WY BHA!

Is itva secret how much was donated? News article is mute on that.

No, its not a secret, not sure why it wasn't mentioned in the article. WYBHA donated $500.

Also, I'm one of the top 10 private donors to AccessYes.

Access Yes donations go directly toward the access program and every $1 donated provides access to approximately four acres of land.

That's a great return. Just think of what could be if every person who applied in WY donated $5.

That's a great return. Just think of what could be if every person who applied in WY donated $5.

Amen. When I lived there, I donated at least $20 a year (back when I was a poor college kid or working for low wages). A pittance of the value of lands accessed.

Nice work Buzz & Jeff!

No, its not a secret, not sure why it wasn't mentioned in the article. WYBHA donated $500.

Also, I'm one of the top 10 private donors to AccessYes.

Glad to see you trust the state to manage walk in hunting land access for hunters. It's a great resource for hunters in WY. Somewhat ironic that you get all fired up when anyone talks about states managing federal land and how terrible they are at it but OTOH you give money to states to open up land for hunting. LOL. I guess now we know what you really think.

Glad to see you trust the state to manage walk in hunting land access for hunters. It's a great resource for hunters in WY. Somewhat ironic that you get all fired up when anyone talks about states managing federal land and how terrible they are at it but OTOH you give money to states to open up land for hunting. LOL. I guess now we know what you really think.

Apple_and_Orange_-_they_do_not_compare.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back