WY whitetail safari...2018

BuzzH

Checked out the leftover tag list and decided to apply for type 3 on the chance I would have time to hunt toward the end of November.

I decided to try the leftover area first and found this guy on a piece of public. Didn't take much critical thinking to decide this one was plenty good enough.

IMG951718.jpg

Another look:

IMG_1492.JPG

The next day I headed to another area to try my luck on my general deer tag. I had not hunted this area for over 10 years, for a variety of reasons, I just didn't. Figured it was well past time to try again. Honestly, I think it is better hunting now, than when I last hunted there. I found a lot of deer and passed a buck in the morning that I probably shouldn't have. Towards evening, I was still hunting about mile or so back in, and peeked over a small rock outcrop and found this buck bedded. I weighed my options and decided to end my deer season in Wyoming. He never got out of his bed.

IMG_1502.JPG

I wont be waiting another 10 years to do this hunt again, never saw another hunter out of a vehicle.

Fantastic! Looks like a great way to spend the long weekend.

Whitetail hunting in the rut really could be the funnest hunting there is. No matter how much of it I do it isn't enough.

Buzz, I think you could find a nice buck to kill in the walmart parking lot. Congrats. Nice way to finish up.

Fantastic! Looks like a great way to spend the long weekend.

Whitetail hunting in the rut really could be the funnest hunting there is. No matter how much of it I do it isn't enough.

You're messed up! After this season I may swear off ever hunting them again.

Congrats on the deer Buzz.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back